Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is bass i'm thinking about buying.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by After Forever, Jan 14, 2004.

1. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    [​IMG]

Fender® Aerodyne Jazz Bass®
    Product (#511247)
    $629.99

Features:

Radiused basswood body with cream binding
    Maple neck
    Rosewood fretboard with side dot position inlays only
    Rear-mounted controls
    Matching painted headstock
    34" scale
    7.25" fretboard radius

I'm still a rookie, so i think this one might do me well, what do you people think?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Have you played one yet?

3. ditto, play one first. i've heard very mixed things about them, some love them some hate them. if you find you dont like it then give the geddy lee sig a try, seems to be a great bass and is close in price

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Or if you dont like the Geddy, try a Godin Freeway if possible :p Godins are awesome basses, and the freeway costs a little less than the aerodyne and geddy.

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    that thing looks great! i havn't seen that bass for a while, that is probably my favorit looking fender ;).

6. Try playing it sitting and standing. I noticed that the body can chaff the right forearm. It's shaped like a telecaster so the corner is a bit sharper than a regular jazz bass.

7. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    i found that one online, i will definitly find that kind in a shop and try playing it before i buy it, espically for that price.