Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Bad Religion. This one's gonna get closed.
  2. lol! what a way to start the morning without seeing my GF. :p

that was awesome man. hahahahaha
  3. Garrett, this is really old news here. In fact, there hasn't been much of this silly "Rock & Roll is Satan" crap here in the states in nearly 20 years. Every so often another misguided just outta seminary preacher needs a little jolt for his congregation and he brings this stuff up. Most of us have learned to ignore it. It's the same old stuff.

However, at the core of the kooky aspect of this, there is a grain of truth. That would be that music is a powerful influence in our lives and that there are some acts in the biz today that have little to no redeeming value in their presentation and content of their work and put forth a wrong message to younger listeners.
  4. Old news, yeah. I'm still amazed at the fanatacity of some people's beliefs, though.

Their thoughts on rock n roll: "God-hating, man-degrading, sex-loving, drug-taking, Christ-mocking, devil-worshipping, law-rebelling, self-destroying, hell-inviting filth!"

I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion..but :eek:
  5. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

"Save me from the people who would save me from myself..."

- Gang of Four
  6. Reminds me of that movie Carrie. Remember her mother? That religious freak?
  7. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    i think has nothing todo with religion... in great old ussr they had same list, they even said john lennon was um saintenic colt/religion leader or something like that... wasent he on their side?
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Parental Advisory - Explicit Religious Content

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.