Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

this is cool

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DSOTM, Mar 14, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey there. :)

that looks to be an ibanez ATK, if i'm not mistaken.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    it is definetely NOT an Ibanez ATK...

:)

still i dont know what is it... looks like a MusicMan Sabre bass or something like that.

3. catwig1

catwig1

Mar 4, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Looks like a Status Groove 5 to me:).
    Not in the same league as the graphite necked Status basses but much cheaper. If you can get one cheap it could be cool.

Matt

4. i dunno i found it in google images.

JT soory for how the HCBF fags treated you. BOALG who cant read tabs is just being a ****ing fruit to you. He doesn't even use those basses. I think he has them just for show to impress the 60 year old ladies that he "pimps" it to

5. its not a musicman sabre. a sabre has 2 humbuckers on it and a chrome side piece. Plus that bass is too cool to be a Sabre

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I think it's a Status Groove 5, also. The filename even hints at that: stat5gr_sb.jpg

7. well does anyone know where i can find one because i want that bass

8. Go the the Status Graphite site at http://www.status-graphite.com and email them. They have a page of leftover samples of discontinued models available for sale. Last time I looked, there were at least a couple of Groove basses there, though I can't seem to remember the URL for a direct link to the page, and they don't mention it on the site.

Mike

9. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    You want it already eh?
    You know how it sounds?

Looks like a Stingray copy, so it might sound really good :)

Shop for it like you would shop for a car. It's got the looks, but does it have the performance?

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  12. Some things are best taken to private messages, and use of the terms "fags" and "fruit" is never acceptable.

In any case, you can read "Groove" on the headstock.

13. well is there anyplace in the u.s. that sell them? maybe the tri-state area/ new england area?

14. DSOTM; save that kind of s**t talk for your mirror ok? TOTALLY unaceptable.

15. guys, whats so bad about fags and fruit. The u.s. constitution says we all have the right of free speech which applies to me.

On the other note

If that bass doesn't work out for me. I had this in mind:

[​IMG]

I have a BB405 by yamaha which had came out about a month ago which i have bought at sam ash and i like it. So i had the John Patitucci in mind for right now

16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    That headstock reminds me of Neuser basses. For a moment I thought it would be one of their older models, but then someone knew better.

17. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    But this is a privately owned board, which means that Paul's rules over-rule the Constitution.