Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is driving me INSANE

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tames, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Tames

Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    Alright, I don't WANT to believe that this is true, but a friend of mine has been "teasing" me with information he doesn't think I'm "ready for" yet.

Supposedly there's this woman that writes a lot of mainstream songs you hear today. She writes (or has written) around half of what's on the Top 40 charts. (this is him talking, not actual facts)

Apparently "a lot" of the bands I listen to have songs written by this woman.

Basically she's a commissioned writer, and bands that are at a dead end will call her up and have her write them a song so it'll go on the radio. Also she's "got a nice website."

I have no idea. I want to know what's up here. Anyone ever heard of this? Please help me out, I'm not kidding you... I'm SERIOUSLY getting like really upset about this

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude, you need to like chill out about this. It isn't something worth getting this upset, or going INSANE about.

-Mike

3. Insane enough to key somebody's car?

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This used to wind me up, until i realised that people did it to me bcause they liked winding me up. Then i stopped, so they stopped.

5. you are going insane and you don't want to believe that someone writes songs for other bands for money?

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ

Really, this happens all the time. I used to have a friend who did a similar thing, he came up with music to go along with the lyrics of a song. You can make some decent money, but you just don't get so much of the fame, fortune and chicks (or guys).

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Moral of the story:

Stop listening to bad music.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Video actually did kill the radio star, the problem is that now we have a zombie radio that refuses to stay dead.

9. Bring out the holy water!

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That, and Jesus. After vampires, a Zombie Radio will be nothin'.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I havent seen you around lately

12. "Mad enough to KILL!?!?!?"