This is embarrassing-Could you help me set up my own patches in my Zoom MS-60B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    The little manual sucks. There is really only one vid I can find on it but I'm missing something. Can someone help a senile dude?

2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Sure. The controls are definitely not that intuitive at first, but it's because they had to be creative with a limited number of knobs. Once you get through a few patches, it starts to make sense. Not sure where you are in the screens/process, but here is an overview:

1. Get to the patch list screen. If your screen is showing a specific pedal, you get to the patch list by pressing down on the middle dial knob (there should be 50 slots).

2. Scroll to an Empty slot by turning the middle dial.

3. Press the middle dial to go into that patch. It will show the slot number and "Empty" for a second, then it should say "Select Effect Type" on the screen.

4. Scroll to the effect model that you want by using the flat buttons that form a circle around the footswitch. The top and bottom buttons will scroll through the effects list. (Note: You can shortcut to certain sections of the list by pressing the footswitch while on the blank "Select Effect Type" screen. This will bring up a little sub menu that you can move around using the four buttons around the footswitch, then pressing the footswitch again to select the section. Then scroll the list using the up/down buttons as before).

5. When you get to the effect that you want, you can press the right dial knob to enter into the effect's parameter pages. Then use the dials to adjust the parameters and levels. Pressing the right dial will page through and cycle you back to the effect title screen.

6. To add another effect to your patch, at the effect title screen hold the left button or right button (the ones in a circle around the footswitch). Holding the left button will add an effect after the current one, holding the right will add an effect before the current one. (similar to a real pedal board)

7. Repeat the above to adjust the effects parameters for however many effects you want in your patch (up to four, that's the limit on the 60b).

8. If you decide you want to rearrange the order of effects in the patch, go to any of the effect title screens in the patch and press down on the left dial knob, then use that knob to scroll to "Effect Chain" and press the left dial again. This will give you a screen with a visual of a magnet over the line of your effects. Scroll through the chain by turning the left dial, pick up/drop an effect by pressing the left dial. Center dial knob will exit.

9. Name your patch: Press the center dial knob til you are at the main patch list again (the numbered list). Your patch should still say "Empty" and you need to give it a name so you can find it again. While on your newly programmed patch, press down on the left dial knob that says "Store" and you will be in the name edit screen. Use the dials to scroll through the letters. (Note: you can move your patch to a different slot from this screen, too, but be careful. Moving a patch to a different number slot will overwrite that patch!)

GuillermoAbram likes this.
  3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    That makes sense to me. Thank you for your trouble!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022