This is frustrating

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnm0187, Dec 26, 2005.

1. I'm trying to unscrew the last screw on my Russian Big Muff so I can take the rubber foot off and put it on my pedal board. Well the screw is not budging at all, and I'm blaming that on the screw being pretty f'd up (bought it used), and the screw really isn't in screw shape form...anyone know how I can work around this problem?

PS...I know this isn't really effects, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.
  2. Try to grab the other end of the screw with a wise-grip and turn!

I hope it will work! That's a real frustrating situation.
  3. TheMightyQuinn

Dec 26, 2005
    Its always a bummer when you get a used anything, and the screws are stripped. Best of luck.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Worst case scenario is get a gold oxide drill bit slightly smaller than the screw and just go at it. Should break off and you can remove the foot.
  5. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    dont' know if you know this already, but three of the rubber feet are screwed with wood screws, those should come off no problem, but the last one is a machine screw and is held on the other side with a nut and connected to a ground wire. the only way i was able to take it off is to unscrew the screws on the TOP of the big muff to access the inside and unscrewing the nut from the screw... i only tell you this cuz i'm a dumbass and didn't know that myself until i took it apart :ninja:
  6. You are the winner, and it looks like the dumbass torch has been passed on to me. :hyper: