Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is going to be a weird day...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Sombody broke into my car last night... to sleep in it. No broken windows - they just pried it open to get to the lock. They rummaged through my stuff, but didn't steal anything (I guess they weren't interested in my empty root beer bottles). The seat was leaned back, presubably to make his stay more comfortable, and he left me a white undershirt on the passenger seat. Hmmm... :confused: They even locked up the car when they left.

Perhaps I should leave my car unlocked all the time, to provide a service for those unfotunate souls who don't have a roof over their heads. Hotel Honda, courtesty of Benjamin Strange. :cool:

2. Thats just bizzarre lol

3. put a pillow in the back window leave it unlocked and either see what happens or call the police adn have them wait for him. :p

Or maybe it is a friend of yours playing a practical joke that is planned to be spanned over a few months, ending with you and a elephant on a beach in Florida :confused: (Don't ask me I just say what comes to my head)

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Why aren't you sleeping in it, basstriax ??? :confused:

There's an old street logic about spending money for your ride or your crib;

"You can sleep in your car, But you can't drive your house!"

[​IMG]

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You are assuming that I have friends. I don't. :bawl:

Maybe I should set up an elaborate automatic cage system which catches bums who sleep in my car, and then I can force them to be my friends, or at least a really good slave.

6. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    The cage system made me think of stickdeath's car alarm systems...

www.stickdeath.com

NOOOO!!! Anything but the Bee-Gees!!!!

7. hehe,funny.

8. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Paha :D I'd go for a really good slave, and if you catch surplus bums, then you can dole them out to people you wish liked you. They can't fail to be impressed by some guy giving them a really good slave! ;)

9. Here's my house. I drive it lots.

10. I did live in a building that had many a crackhead sleeping in the hallways as I left the building at 0530 for work.

11. Forced friends are the best ones to have. Why do you think I have so many :D

12. woo woo

13. Agreed :smug:

14. :D