1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

this is gonna be my rig....tell me what yall think

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassking511, Oct 25, 2006.

1. hey this will be my new rig in like 2 weeks\\\\\\

ibanez gsr200------>digitech bp-80---->danelectro grilled cheese------>
    Kustom groove bass 1200 --------------------------------------->late80'sCarvin2x15------crate kx15 *

1)ibanez---not the greatest but for 200$, the best u can buy
    2)bp80-lots of effetcs plus amp/cab modeling
    3)grilled cheese---for nice light high spectrum distortion
    4)groove bass 800W/1200W @ 4/2 ohms 9band graphic eq boost tone shaping, etc
    5)2x15---ported, supposedly made in 88' but possibly newer upgraded speakers, recently replaced
    6)* 15watt keyboard amp, going to run it from fx loops to have a separate powered tweeter(since its highs are good/loud and clean.

..not bad for my first real rig (lots of hard work to get it). major upgrade from a 15W keyboard amp

tell me what u think

2. I like those Kustom Groove heads. That's alot of power for a first rig. I almost got one myself a while ago on the used market, but none of my speakers have speak-ons. Since I've moved to Trace, I've started to prefer graphic EQ's to knobs.

3. will you be able to hear the highs from the keyboard amp? seems like they would be a bit overpowered by the kustom.

4. cool! I dig those 80s Carvin 2x15" cabinets

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The GSR is not a bad bass at all. If you ditched the effects pedals, you could spend the money you saved on a pickup upgrade and a good set of strings. The factory strings are terrible. The pickups aren't all that bad, but Basslines would be an improvement.

Your amp setup should blow down walls.

6. i already replaced the strings....d'addarios...nickel wound bright

but the effects i have already bought( a while back) SO THE PUPS WILL HAVE TO WAIT

7. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    this is gonna be my rig....tell me what yall think

Well I don't like the colour.

Just kidding. Sounds like a pretty kick ass setup.