Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is gonna sound weird (beer related)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderx55, Feb 4, 2006.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Ok, in january I was in Spain for a week and I was alcolized most of the time. READ: not drunk, just...alcolized; they feed you with each round, I drink for taste, I was running a marathon not sprinting.

But now that I've been home, I've been sick on and off: sneezing, sniffling, coughing. Not continualy, but more frequently than usual. I am NEVER sick. I'll get a cold for a day, sleep it off in 5 hours, get up like a champ. But I'm a big guy, when I fall, I fall. And I've been falling (figures, now that i don't have a girlfriend to nurse me with those cute little "awwwwwwww poor baby"s) really hard.

The weird part: I still go out a-drinkin with my friends (albeit I've scaled it back). Tonight I had a beer at my friend's show (which was great because I actually showed the bouncer my real id and he stamped me 21), and I felt better for like an hour. No joke. After that hour, symptoms return. The same thing happened last night when I had a beer with dinner. Has my body gotten used to operating WITH alcohol in it and just refuses to do otherwise?

holy crap that's a long post. Sorry. Thoughts?

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That may very well have happened. I'm not sure, though. I am not doctor, nor do I know a remedy for that.

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    See, the funny thing is, if I werent' me, I'd be that jerk going, "you lucky bastard."

4. 2 Months ago, I just came back from a road trip across canada that took me in Banff, Alberta.

The whole time i've been there (about 4 months), i've been getting drunk (not only drinking) 3-4 nights a week, and drinking a few beers most of the other days...

For me it was a way to.... live my youth if i can say it like that... anyway i never really had problem with heavy alcool drinking before banff, or while I was there... but since I came back, I haven't been able to drink a beer without feeling complete disgust and get sick almost everytime.

I don't know if i'll start drinking again someday, but for now i just don't feel like it. Who knows maybe university will bring me back to my old partying habits :rolleyes: