This is gonna sound weird (beer related)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderx55, Feb 4, 2006.

1. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    Ok, in january I was in Spain for a week and I was alcolized most of the time. READ: not drunk, just...alcolized; they feed you with each round, I drink for taste, I was running a marathon not sprinting.

But now that I've been home, I've been sick on and off: sneezing, sniffling, coughing. Not continualy, but more frequently than usual. I am NEVER sick. I'll get a cold for a day, sleep it off in 5 hours, get up like a champ. But I'm a big guy, when I fall, I fall. And I've been falling (figures, now that i don't have a girlfriend to nurse me with those cute little "awwwwwwww poor baby"s) really hard.

The weird part: I still go out a-drinkin with my friends (albeit I've scaled it back). Tonight I had a beer at my friend's show (which was great because I actually showed the bouncer my real id and he stamped me 21), and I felt better for like an hour. No joke. After that hour, symptoms return. The same thing happened last night when I had a beer with dinner. Has my body gotten used to operating WITH alcohol in it and just refuses to do otherwise?

holy crap that's a long post. Sorry. Thoughts?
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That may very well have happened. I'm not sure, though. I am not doctor, nor do I know a remedy for that.
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    See, the funny thing is, if I werent' me, I'd be that jerk going, "you lucky bastard."
  4. 2 Months ago, I just came back from a road trip across canada that took me in Banff, Alberta.

The whole time i've been there (about 4 months), i've been getting drunk (not only drinking) 3-4 nights a week, and drinking a few beers most of the other days...

For me it was a way to.... live my youth if i can say it like that... anyway i never really had problem with heavy alcool drinking before banff, or while I was there... but since I came back, I haven't been able to drink a beer without feeling complete disgust and get sick almost everytime.

I don't know if i'll start drinking again someday, but for now i just don't feel like it. Who knows maybe university will bring me back to my old partying habits :rolleyes: