Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is hilarious

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LA, Dec 5, 2002.

1. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Ever heard of the "Dialectizer"? You netvets probably know all about it, but it's a hoot.

The Dialectizer

Just copy a link into the window for the "translation". It's especially fun with some of these TB threads. Fry mah hide!

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Nah it's rubbish - I got :

A timeout occurred while attempting to dialectize http://www.world-aluminium.org. It is likely that The Dialectizer is not compatible with the type of web server this URL is served by. Or it could just be that the server is temporarily unavailable.

No matter what!

3. Bruce Lindfield

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Didn't know you were a cockney Bruce! And all this time you've had us believing you're from Brighton :D

5. Bruce Lindfield

Alright I got it to work now and I do like the Dick van Dyke school of "Cockney"!! :)

Here's our own (diamond geezer) Ed Fuqua's interview off the front page :

"I 'ad been orare of Neal Miner’s presence on the scene long before I actually 'eard 'im. The music that were comin' out of a club called AUGIE’S on the bloomin' upper West side were right makin' a stir: Eric Alexander , Brad Mehldau, right, David 'azeltine, right, Larry Goldings… And behind them on the stand, right, Neal Miner. And then later at Wees, right, Neal’s two-year long weekly 'it, wen it weren’t just 'is messing bein' presented, but also 'is music. I were still unprepared for the chuffin' impact that 'is first release as a leader, The bloody Real Neal, had on me. The sound, the approach , the ideas, EVERYTHING on that record speaks ter me as a bassist and a musician. The bloomin' first cut I 'eard were 'is arrangement of Smoke Gets In Yor Mince pies and just 'earin' the auffority in the sound and in Neal’s approach ter his improvisation 'as right given me a model ter aspire to. And it’s a sound I fink more blokes should check out, do wot guvnor!

Recently, I got the opportunity ter have Neal answer a few questions:

Ed Fuqua: In the bleedin' liner notes for yor record ,THE REAL NEAL, yer rabbit and pork some about yor background and upbringing, could yer give us a wee of that here, isit? ..........

Any uvver musicians in the bleedin' family, then, eh?

Me favver tried ter play tenor saxodog and bone wen 'e were yung, right, but from wot 'e told me 'e weren’t right talented and wen 'e 'eard 'imself on a play hammer and tack of a recordin' 'e made wiv a china, right, he quit. Me Muvver on the bloomin' uvver 'and is untrained but 'as one of the Mae West sets of ears out there. She can singg 'armony ter just about anyfink and she knows evry standard ever written. Me Sister sang in choirs all froughout 'igh school and in college and still does occasionally wiv the Seattle Choral Company.

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LMAO@"Smoke Gets In Yor Mince pies!"

7. Bruce Lindfield

I laugh every time I imagine Ed saying :

Neal’s approach ter his improvisation 'as right given me a model ter aspire to. And it’s a sound I fink more blokes should check out, do wot guvnor!

8. Bruce Lindfield

Here's a News story from the BBC in Cockney - which seems very appropriate :

"Prime Minister Tony Blair's ole lady Cherie 'as confirmed convicted fraudster Peter Foster 'elped 'er buy two flats in Bristol.
    In a statement issued via Dahnin' Street she said 'e 'ad 'elped by goin' on ter the bloomin' agents for a flat "for a couple of weeks".

They believe it is none of the chuffin' Mail's business ter know details of any purchase provided it is carried out lorfully and properly as this one were

Tony Blair's spokesman

She added that if she 'ad caused "any misunderstandin' between the bloomin' Number 10 press office and the bloomin' media that is unfortunate and I regret that".

The chuffin' statement came after a series of e-mails between 'er and Mr Foster were published by the Daily Mail .

They suggest that 'e Chas'n'Daved the prime minister's trouble and strife a total of £69,000 on the price of two £297,000 flats in Bristol by negotiatin' personally wiv the vendor.

Cherie Blair's statement in full
    Click 'ere ter read

The newspaper's e-mails show Mr Foster offered Mrs Blair the services of 'is own accountant ter arrange a mortgage, found a lettin' agent ter rent out the bleedin' flats for 'er and persuaded the bloody agent ter reduce 'is normal fee.
    The bleedin' claims that Mr Foster, right, an Australian 'oo 'as served time in prison, had 'elped negotiate a discount on the flats emerged at the chuffin' weekend.

Wen that claim were initially put ter Dahnin' Street, a spokesman insisted that Mr Foster 'ad never been the Blairs' financial adviser, Mr Blair 'ad never met Mr Foster, and Mr Foster 'ad never been ter Dahnin' Street or Chequers.

But on Fursday the prime minister's official spokesman said Ms Blair 'ad decided ter issue the bleedin' statement because of the bleedin' "continuin' personal campaign" by Mail newspapers against 'er.

He said that a variety of claims in the Mail on Sunday story connected ter the flat purchase - includin' stamp duty and usin' their position ter get a lower price - 'ad been false.

Slimmin' pill

He added that the Blairs did not want "to enter into a point-by-point rebuttal of any and evry allegation because they believe it is none of the bloomin' Mail's business ter know details of any purchase provided it is carried out lorfully and properly as this one were".

In 'er statement Mrs Blair said that ter avoid publicity and because of work commitments, right, she asked a mucker, Carole Caplin, to 'ave a look at the property for 'er.

Ms Caplin visited the property in late October wiv 'er boychina Peter Foster, Mrs Blair said, right, addin' that she did not know about Mr Foster's past.

"Clearly 'ad I been orare I would 'ave been far more circumspect in me responses ter wot appeared ter be straightforward and muckerly offers of assistance from the bleedin' boymate of a china," she said.

Australian Mr Foster, a former partner of Page Free model Samanffa Fox, was sentenced ter 33 monffs in jail in September 2000 at St Albans Crown Court on free charges of usin' fraudulent documents ter help 'im obtain credit ter launch a slimmin' pill.

Mr Foster and 'is partner Carole Caplin, a mate of Mrs Blair, announced on Wednesday that they 'ad lost the baby they were expectin'.

9. Bruce Lindfield

How do they know about Chas 'n dave!!?? :eek:

Samanffa Fox is classic and I can just imagine Cherie Blair saying :

""Clearly 'ad I been orare I would 'ave been far more circumspect in me responses ter wot appeared ter be straightforward and muckerly offers of assistance from the bleedin' boymate of a china,"