1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This is hip hop, and this is TALENT....not as easy as SOME speculate, watch the whole

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Mar 24, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    video

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Dangit, they block youtube in my office. Mudder-ruttin' non-musical-type people. Will have to watch it at home, I'm afraid.

Cherie

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    pretty slick, I like it :)

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    A good beat producer is... very good... it's an under appreciated artform.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that was cool, good post.

6. Bit of a pity since he has so much good equipment (I need a rhodes!) and he doesn't really have good time... :p

7. That was pretty cool, but I think on some of the guitar chords, he made them die away too fast.

8. i like it...not love it, but like it

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Kid ain't got no groove. Funny how he can bob his head in time to music that is out of time.

Sorry, good hip hop does take some degree of talent. This isn't exactly the best representation of that.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm glad everyone else noticed that... it felt very out of time, and since it kept repeating, I wondered how he could stand that.

11. Exactly!

At first when watching this I thought this was a parody or something, since the stuff was so sloppy...

I mean, the guy has great gear...

As far as playing drums through a keyboard or triggers, check this out:

http://209.97.205.133/~gmediaa/downloads/Thiago.MPG

Pretty amazing, IMO.

12. wow...that guy is good...

13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    well he's got one of my favorite all time records laying up against the wall so he's ok by me:ninja:

edit- so half way through watching it and he actually sampled it. me likes

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    What is that album?

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I made it about half way through before I fell asleep. Not for me.

16. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    billy cobham/george duke band- live on tour in europe

before this was re-released on cd and before i had the internet(the dark ages) i started driving south headed towards l.a. hitting all the used record shops along the way until i found a place with this album. well worth the time and i ended up buying a ton of vinyl on that trip.

17. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative

This is NOT talent...at least not musical talent. I have not liked rap and hip hop since they've been around because it's not real music....

This guy played a couple of chords and tapped out some beats on a drum machine....big freakin' deal!

Sorry man...I'm not raggin' on you, but this guy has no real talent. Let's see him play a bass or guitar or even try to sing....that takes real talent.

Bleh! :spit:

18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    *sigh*

19. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative

Now this one was a little more interesting, although let's see him sit behind a real kit and do it.

Actually, the most entertaining part was watching the guy beside him make faces and throw in some cow bell or cymbal every once in a while, dancing in his chair at the same time! :p

20. Although I was very sceptic when starting the clip, I actually like the groove. Yes, it's not 'tight' in a strickt metronome-grid kind of way, but to me the groove still sounds good. The timing between the barlines are free, but the barlines are in the right place. That's the nice thing about it, very loose, but still in the pocket. Reminds me of d'Angelo's Voodoo thing. Very tricky stuff, but executed in a nice way.
    To me that's the most interesting part of Hiphop music, the advanced rhythmical stuff that's going on (check out the behind the beat phrasing of some rappers). I'm not a hip hop fan, but this part of it I like.

And did somebody say let's see him play guitar? If you watch the clip, he's actually doing that...