Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is incredible, Canned Heat 60 Jazz Bass, how much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Jan 18, 2002.

1. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I saw Larry preform summer before last. He still has it.

As for the bass......I couldn't do it justice after Larry had played it.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW!!! I'd like to buy that. I wonder what the final price is gonna be. It went from $1.00 to $4050 in ONE DAY!!!! There are 9 days left!!!!:eek:

3. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Talk about pristine condition..... That one is going to go for a pretty penny.

4. Save up all your pennies, second mortgage your house, eat 99c McDonald for 9 days, and see what happens, hehehehe

5. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    This bass looks beautiful in the pictures, and the seller did the right thing by including many pictures of it. But here's what bothers me: a working bassist like Larry Taylor bought this thing 40+ years ago, and it is still in that kind of condition? How? Did he leave it in a closet or under a bed for most of that time? In that case, why?

6. Cos maybe he got tons of other basses? Maybe he got like 10 1960 jazz bass 14 1960 P Bass?

7. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    This makes me sooo sad.....
    I can't afford it! :( :(

8. I bet somebody in this forum is secretly bidding on it, they just keep quite. I think there's plenty of people in this forum who can afford it.

9. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Wow...it´s over 6000$ already....

10. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    6100!!...STILL 9 DAYS LEFT:)

11. 8000+ and going up, this IS the most expensive bass that I ever saw on ebay. I think it's going to hit 15,000 soon.

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Quite, you fool!
    :looks around:

13. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
  14. guys....i think it's fake...see how it says "offset custom body"? Isn't that what it says on the headstocks of the reissues? Same thing for the black knobs..weren't they chrome in the originals? In pristine condition after used by a working bassist?

i think someone's leg's a-pullin'

[​IMG]

15. actually...i might be wrong about the headstock...crap!

16. relman said...

i think someone's leg's a-pullin'

I don't think so - when I looked the bid was up to $8550 and there are some pretty serious collectors bidding on it.

I know if I was buying a bass at this price I'd be using an escrow service - the seller wouldn't get paid unless it weas the real deal. It might be a RI or a fake, but I don't think it is.

allan