1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This is incredibly inhumane. Disgusting!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Strat-Mangler, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    The lengths at which studios will try to get ratings is disgusting.

During a live taping of a show focusing on missing people, the host told the mother of a missing 15-year old girl that her brother-in-law just had confessed to murdering her.

They couldn't tell her privately and given her some space and dignity while respecting the death of a teenage girl. No, instead they purposefully tell her live with the hopes that the drama will increase their ratings.

I'm utterly disgusted.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/101007/world/eu_italy_tragic_reality_tv_1

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal

4. SnakeKappele

SnakeKappele

Sep 20, 2010
    Morality seems to be a thing of the past :scowl:.

5. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    What The Thackery are people coming too, the fact I'm not really all that surprised by this new kind of 'tact' concerns me about what the next instalment of sociopathic T.V. will be at anothers emotional distress :meh:

6. Wow...that's pretty bad. It's to be expected though nowadays. Doesn't make it right though. Did it say anything about what happened after they told her? Was the brother in-law there? She start crying on camera?

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Here's a simple solution if you're disgusted--don't watch explotative television, and don't check out news articles about the horrific things humans do to each other on a regular basis.

8. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I don't think people even know what morality means any more.

9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I've said this elsewhere, and I'll repeat it here. If people would stop watching sensationalist garbage, it would go away.

10. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    +1 I don't watch the thing at all, it was costing me too many braincells, I haven't got enough left and I don't have the time for it anymore.

11. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    It is my understanding that this happened on Italian television. I could be wrong about that, but I think so. The relevance of this is that this appears to be something that people found out about in the news, not by watching a sensationalist TV show. I realize that the news also contains sensationalism, but not keeping up with the news at all is probably not a good idea. Also, in trying to keep up with the news it is impossible to completely filter out the unnecessary and objectionable.