Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is just stupid.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Alright. The Simpsons halloween special airs a week AFTER halloween, despite the fact that Halloween was on Sunday this year, which is the night the Simpons usually airs. Something went severly wrong here. What are these people thinking?

I really wish the show would give it up. The Simpsons hasn't been good since season 9 anyways. They should have pulled a Sienfeld and ended the show on top.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, kind of a pointless topic... AND, the Halloween Episodes p0wn... In fact, they're the ONLY Simpson's episodes I still bother to watch, so I didn't mind. I basically found when it was airing & then tuned in...

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    :rollno:

Well, since Fox has the World Series (which would have gone to that Sunday night had the Cards not been swept), they couldn't really show it on Halloween, now could they? And, even though there was no game that night, they had been heavily advertising the show as being on November 7th, so they couldn't really move it.

As for the show being good, do you still watch it even though you think it hasn't been good for the last 6 years? If not, why do you care. If so, are you just stupid? :confused:

Sometimes, it's best to let people assume you don't have a brain in your head as opposed to typing a ridiculous post that proves the point.

And, isn't waiting a week to post about something that happened on Sunday complaining about the extra week it took to show the Halloween show kind of dumb?

At least you got your thread title correct. This thread is stupid.

5. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Wow, you were way nicer to my ignorence. Thanks :D

6. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Well, I'm glad that they waited til after Halloween to show that episode cuz I would have missed it otherwise. If you don't like the show (I really see no reason why you would care when they showed it) there's this cool little button on the TV that turns it off, learn how to use it.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    the part where Homer is eating himself in the fridge makes me laugh every time I see it.

-Mike

8. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    NEVER! I get Fox from NY and LA, and see the Simpsons 2 or 3 times an evening. Drives my wife nuts!

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I liked the Sherlock Holmes parody.

brad cook

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I liked that they ended the show to the Perfect Strangers theme song. Best part of the show. Last year's TOH episode was on after Halloween as well, I think.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I just liked that Ralph Wiggum was an opium addict. Also, the part where Homer was throwing the opium addicts at everyone. That was pretty funny. Oh and the aliens flying around in the yellow submarine was pretty funny.

brad cook

12. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I don't remember it. :) F*** you too. ;)

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :D

Maybe his ignorance was of how to properly spell ignorance.

14. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    That too. It was early, at least I was close ;)

And Bliss, back at cha pal :D

15. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    :D

16. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I found the best part was right before the start.

"Cool I'm vomit. Wait I don't have a family anymore" "You do now son. you do now."

and preview for this weeks "I've final learnt how to walk naked on stilts"

LOL!