1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This is kind of a Bass (PICS)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guitarjam6, Sep 23, 2010.

1. guitarjam6

guitarjam6

Feb 19, 2006
    So I built a "bass" tonite. I just pulled the jazz pickup off the Squire Special i'm fretlessizing. Slapped this thing together and its a noisy pickup... but its fun to mess with, specially with lots of distortion. You make it with a beer bottle and play it with a shot glass.

Anyone got a crap guitar pickup they want to donate to the experiment? I'll post up some audio tomorrow when it's not 230am.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice job.
    I could see myself doing something similar at 2.30 in the morning :)

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    The Jack White bottle trick! Love it!

4. guitarjam6

guitarjam6

Feb 19, 2006
    Oh yeah, anyone got any ideas to get the noise from the pickup to be suppressed? I guess running straight to the input isn't the best idea. Soon as I get a guitar pickup I'm going to build one on stage during a show and do some improv with it.

5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Whoa...that's creative.

6. It might get loud.

7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    I'm pretty sure you'd get better tone with a Bud bottle.

8. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    i think that 'bass' "might get loud" ....;)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021