This is kind of a "no duh"...moment

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brainiac, Aug 29, 2018.

1. brainiac

brainiac

Oct 4, 2005
    ...regarding how hugely influential the demonstration players are in making an effect pedal sound great to you! There are artists demoing stuff and, good as they are, it's just not a style that I like—or can even tolerate, so I have a hard time paying the unit its due. OTH when you happen onto a demo for an effect and the player is right in your groove, then that effect pedal almost has to actually suck to make you not love it. You know what I mean.

2. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    no, what do you mean?

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, if a player has a basic tone and playing style similar to mine, I’m more likely to be intrigued by what they demo. That said, @Proton Lenny and I have the same bass (Dingwall ABZ6) and I rarely ever GAS for the pedals he demos, but I love his videos and playing.

I don’t have GAS for what Excane demos cuz his playing style and tone and rig sound radically different from what I go for.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021