Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is NOT good - lawsuit against Yahoo msg boards

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Aug 6, 2004.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Im in two minds- on one hand, if Yahoo doesn't adequately moderate and protect its boards (when it claims it does) why shouldnt it be held accountable? If you buy a car that says it has brakes and it doesnt?

On the other hand it seems like a fairly minor matter to get ruffled about. Then again, I think the biggest $$$ clowns are those ones who engaged in the original name calling.

ah....funny how all these "dubious" suits always seem to arise in the same country... :D

3. heh heh heh...but i seem to feel it in my bones that if i ramble on about kubicki much more ill be getting sued :ninja:

4. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Only in America.

[​IMG]

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That guy is a panty-waste.

*Waits for TB to be sued for inadequate moderation*

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Mike....I didnt realise you thought TB's moderation was inadequate....guess you need reminding:

You kids today have no respect! :D

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    *Kicks over trash can*

u suk.

8. Yahoo does not, and cannot, control the actions of its members. A court order agreed with a similar statement concerning Peer-To-Peer networks.

This one should be thrown out. Or it better be... :mad:

9. k.

AIM is better.

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I RESENT THAT... TB WILL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER!

11. My impression of this guy crying to the courts about yahoo: "mommy, they called me names!"

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I know it's not exactly the same, but in my organisation, they started a discussion forum, where you could give yourself any anonymous username - and there was loads of name-calling and posting of vast amounts of rubbish - it finally got out of hand when people started slagging off our customers.

So, some of these people didn't realise that of course they could be traced via IP addresses etc. and they were dismissed!

But I suppose if they were stupid enough to believe that they could actually hide behind those anonymous usernames and post what they liked, then they deserved to be sacked? :meh:

13. People mistake computers as a mask of anonymity, but in reality, through computers people can learn about every detail of your life.

14. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Actually he is saying "Yahoo said it would protect me from them calling me names and it didnt". It's a valid complaint....whether or not it needs to end up in the courts is another thing....

15. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL.........

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    +1

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    resent... making fun of my illiteracy/stupidity... that’s another lawsuit coming your way!

18. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Don't knock it - that's how Lawyers make their money - and they make big bucks!! ;)

19. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    *sits down with a coffee and waits for Mark to defend his occupation*

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Mark is a lawyer? You my good friend, hired! lets sue tb together!