1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This is odd. Its the master bass track from Pearl Jam's Alive!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by TUEP, May 2, 2010.

1. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
  2. ricca

ricca

Dec 24, 2009
    Reggio Emilia ITALY
    BRAVO!!!!
    Well done

3. hmmmm cool channel

4. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Same thing Geddy's been saying for a while. His tone sounds 'ratty' by itself, but fits in the mix nicely.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

People like Ampeg for a reason. A super clean tone doesn't help much to make a son sound good.

6. I had to learn that one the hard way..For years I would have the cleanest signal possible and I could never figure out why I would get lost in the mix or have people telling me to turn down. I got a Sansamp and ever since I have not had any problems with Soundmen ETC

7. Very cool, I like it.

8. I pretty much use a bit of fuzz at all times.

9. I also larned the hard way. For years I was going for a clean bassy sound - the kind that sounds great and full on its own. It was never ever clear in the mix though. When I realized the secret of boosting the mids and adding some distortion to my tone it was a whole new wolrd opening up for me. I play death metal in a band that currently has 3 guitarists and I still cut through without any problem at all.

10. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    A good clean tone has made countless songs sound great. There is no one size fits all.

11. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    The fuzz is helped out a lot by the roundwound strings buzzing on the fretless board. What a great example of fretless playing in hard rock. Notice how clean the harmonics ring out. Jeff is an awesome musician and someone I need to study more.

12. cool - love hearing stuff like this.

is it my understanding this isn't the solo'd track? but somehow "pulled" from the recording? I don't even think that's possible, and certainly not going to be accurate . . .

13. It was pulled from the Rock Band video game.

14. so are they original tracks? sorry, been under a rock - don't know much about video games . . .

15. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    they almost always use the original master tracks, which they acquire directly from the bands (or the band's label).

16. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    This is great! that guys got so much other stuff when you click through, not just bass.
    Lots of beatles, i guess that would be everything from the Beatles Rock band game then haha

17. whoa - thats kinda cool! I stay away from video games for a reason . . . I have enough expensive habits!! Damn :ninja::bag:

18. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    I have noticed with my band that I blend in a lot better with a bit of overdrive and some crunch!