Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is one messed up bus driver!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
  2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    what video?

3. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    heh heh sorry :)

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Oh yeah... i saw that... pretty funny... kids acting all taugh then get smacked around...

Warning btw... those 13 year olds swear a lot too:)

Its pretty funny and driver did over-react but those kids might need someone to smack them once... seem to me it might help them:)

5. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I've seen that video before.

The bus driver did overreact a bit, but the kids were really out of line. They try and act big and tough, then start screaming and crying when the bus driver gets ahold of them. Sadly, there are a lot of kids like that nowadays.

I remember in elementary school, we had a bully in our grade who had to be taken off the school bus by a couple of teachers. The bus was loading to pick us up from school, and he was causing some disturbance, and the teachers repeated ordered him to get up front. When one of the teachers approached him, he actually started trying to beat on the teacher, and it took a couple of the teachers to drag him out kicking and screaming.

Vince

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Being a school bus driver myself, this is a scary video.

First, where in the he!! did they get that video? That video should never be released to the media as the rights and privacy of the other children have been violated. They are meant for parents, school officials, and law enforcement only! :scowl:

I'm not condoning what that driver did in anyway but I'm sure there is more to the story than what the video shows. As you notice there wasn't any audio for the video which would give us alot more insight as to what was actually going on. BTW, recording audio on a school bus is illegal in most states.

There is no telling what past verbal and physical abusive has been directed towards that driver and this time he just couldn't take it anymore. Then again, he could just be a mean bastard and should be serving some prison time.

These kids appear to be Jr High age and let me tell you, they are the worst! Their use of profanity is mind blowing and, for the most part, they don't have any respect for anyone. I have seen harrasment of all sorts, drugs, fights, etc. Thats why I drive HS and elementary kids. Not that they are perfect but normally much easier to deal with, especially HS. Even the elementary kids can be scary. I had a 6th grade student arrested off my bus for bringing a gun to school. :eek: That was really frightening to me as I had just written the student up the week before for bad behavior and thought the student might have been wanting to "get even" with me! ( :eek: again!) Like I said...scary.

Just so everyone knows, even with the dangers and troublemakers, I love my job. :) Sorry for the long post/rant but its a very personal subject with me.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

when i watched it... there was audio.

8. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah, I agree that the middle school kids tend to be the worst. On my school bus now (though we just got out of school today), there are a couple of 7th grade "punks" (think Blink 182 :rolleyes: ) who have been harassing my sister's friend, throwing stuff at him through the window at his stop, screaming profanities etc. The driver doesn't seem to notice, and if he does, he isn't taking any action, probably cause he doesn't want to deal with all the stuff that will go with it if the kids get reported. This was mentioned in the teachers thread that nowadays the parents are almost as bad as the kids in that they don't discipline them, and will attempt to sue the school if junior gets suspended for beating someone up.

Vince

9. Rule #1: A bus driver, teacher, etc should NEVER hit a child.

Rule #2: A child thinking he can get away with anything because of rule #1 deserves to get slapped around a little.

Offsetting penalties. JUMP BALL!

Randy

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I went back and played it again. DOH! I didn't have my volume up enough!

Now I hear he was being threatened and cursed at. He still overeacted.

What is sad is that the kids probably got what they wanted. He probably was fired and prosecuted because of this incident and they didn't get anything. Why? Schools are so afraid of lawsuits they will just about do anything to avoid one. What a shame.

I admit I don't know what happened as a result but I bet its probably pretty close to what I wrote above. If anybody has a link to the full story I would love to read it.

11. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    there was audio , and if you listen to it it doesnt sound to bad to me

EDIT: SORRY DIDNT SEE THAT YOU ALREADY RELIZED THERE WAS AUDIO