This is one sweet bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Jan 12, 2005.

1. I got this not long ago, but since I need a StingRay 5 more I had to sell it. Mr. Jason Maurer (polkahero here at TalkBass) was the buyer.

Let me just say that I was anti-Fender for a couple years and this bass broke me of that. Its a 57 reissue, and it NAILS that old school tone. I strung it with some flats and the Jamerson lines just started flowing. This bass may be the best playing bass Ive ever owned, or even played. Pure butter.

I guess I just wanted to show this beauty off, before she ships out on Friday.

2. rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    I never post pictures of a bass I am sentimental about, once it is sold, i never look at it again.
  3. You sold that for a Stingray 5? What are you NUTS? That P-bass is BEAUTIFUL!

The lord knows how I love P-basses! Masterful in their simplicity. Perfect! Absolutely PERFECT!

Nothing against a 'ray 5, but.......OHHHHHHHHHHH MAN!!!!

Make sure you frame those pics of her and put them on your bedroom wall.
  4. Trust me. If you heard the StingRay 5 Im getting youd understand.

Plus Im playing a 5 so much these days that I didnt need a 4 anymore. I play fingerstyle rock, and to me the StingRay 5s
    are EXCELLENT for that.
  5. flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    that's one of the nicest fenders i've seen in a while...dont let it see you cry
  6. KYJazzy

KYJazzy Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    oh man....ohhhh man that's a sexy bass. I mean the elegance radiating from the Precision is practically slapping you in the face for selling it. Your SR5 better be B-E-A-Utiful. :smug:

How much do reissues run about now?
  7. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    what kind of strings of on her...I can't seem to ID them from the pics:p
  8. Ive seen them selling used (when MINT) for around $900.
    Thats what I got for this one, it included vintage style case and ALL the case candy, plus unfilled registration card.

Musicians Friend sell these 57 reissues in trans white for around $1350.
  9. I forgot. Just started experimenting with flats. Theyre either Labella Deep Talkin flats or TI Jazz Flats.
  10. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Labella probably, JFs have red silk.

Man that's a sweet looking bass.
  11. I can't stop staring at her. She's beee-ooooooo-teee-phoooool!