Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is one sweet bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Jan 12, 2005.

1. I got this not long ago, but since I need a StingRay 5 more I had to sell it. Mr. Jason Maurer (polkahero here at TalkBass) was the buyer.

Let me just say that I was anti-Fender for a couple years and this bass broke me of that. Its a 57 reissue, and it NAILS that old school tone. I strung it with some flats and the Jamerson lines just started flowing. This bass may be the best playing bass Ive ever owned, or even played. Pure butter.

I guess I just wanted to show this beauty off, before she ships out on Friday.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rdhbass

rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    I never post pictures of a bass I am sentimental about, once it is sold, i never look at it again.

3. You sold that for a Stingray 5? What are you NUTS? That P-bass is BEAUTIFUL!

The lord knows how I love P-basses! Masterful in their simplicity. Perfect! Absolutely PERFECT!

Nothing against a 'ray 5, but.......OHHHHHHHHHHH MAN!!!!

Make sure you frame those pics of her and put them on your bedroom wall.

4. Trust me. If you heard the StingRay 5 Im getting youd understand.

Plus Im playing a 5 so much these days that I didnt need a 4 anymore. I play fingerstyle rock, and to me the StingRay 5s
    are EXCELLENT for that.

5. flaghard

flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    that's one of the nicest fenders i've seen in a while...dont let it see you cry

6. KYJazzy

KYJazzy

Nov 10, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    oh man....ohhhh man that's a sexy bass. I mean the elegance radiating from the Precision is practically slapping you in the face for selling it. Your SR5 better be B-E-A-Utiful. :smug:

How much do reissues run about now?

7. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    what kind of strings of on her...I can't seem to ID them from the pics:p

8. Ive seen them selling used (when MINT) for around $900.
    Thats what I got for this one, it included vintage style case and ALL the case candy, plus unfilled registration card.

Musicians Friend sell these 57 reissues in trans white for around $1350.

9. I forgot. Just started experimenting with flats. Theyre either LaBella Deep Talkin flats or TI Jazz Flats.

10. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    LaBella probably, JFs have red silk.

Man that's a sweet looking bass.

11. I can't stop staring at her. She's beee-ooooooo-teee-phoooool!