1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This is pretty hilarious

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by gaunten, May 6, 2010.

1. gaunten

gaunten

May 27, 2008
    sweden skåne
    A friend sent me this link today:

http://existenz.se/out.php?id=23939

unfortunately, it's a swedish site, but I'll translate for you :)

"allmosorz" (Op)

"I inherited an electric bass from my grandfather, some "rickenbacken" or something from the 80's.
    I sold it to some schmuck at the musikschool for 2000 crowns:)
    easy money!"
    (about 300 bucks)
    "ernie ball" post 2

"check out the value of a Rickenbacker and then come back here"

Op post 3

:eek:

"chilldown" post 4

I hope it looked like this...

*link to some thomann site selling a rickenbacker* for 5000... euro :D

Op post 5

"yea, kinda. but it says there it's only worth a bit less than 5000 crowns, I guess my deal wasn't that bad then?"

"carls" post 6

"that's euro. like 47000 crowns ;)

Edit: HAHA, I'm dying :D"

Fail of the day!

2. Karma. Sometimes, it's instant.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Is there a Swedish expression for when you slap your forehead after realizing a big mistake? :D

4. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    I think it's pronounced 'Ikea'.

5. man someone got a proper killer deal

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    That's the funniest thing I've read all day. :D

7. gaunten

gaunten

May 27, 2008
    sweden skåne
    seeing as we use a lot of english expressions here, I'd just call it a regular facepalm :D

8. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    ROFL

Once, I got a bike from a thrift store for 2 bucks cause it was missing the front wheel.

The cranks (arms and bearings that connect the pedals to the chainwheel) sold on eBay for 334 bucks

The back hub (what all of the spokes on the wheel tie into the center) is worth 200 bucks

The back rim is worth 100 I think

Gooseneck is worth over 50

And the frame wellllll it could be 100-150 or if it's one of those rarer Hutch frames.... well over 1000

But whats worse is the bike that cost 100 bucks new at walmart sold for like 25 bucks at that thrift store

P.S. the handlebars are worth 100+ but those are too sweet to give up, they are proudly mounted on my current BMX now

9. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

:(

i don't know about any of ya'll , but a family heirloom is not for sale , imo .
    anything i might inherit from my family stays in my family .

this kid screwed up royal ...

10. Isn't IKEA Swedish for particle board?

11. haha

12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    lolz,

13. Easy8

Easy8

Sep 5, 2007
    Austin, Tx
    I helped a friend by an acoustic guitar for her son from a lady on craigslist last night. It was a pretty nice '60's made in Korea Martin copy. She was asking $150, which was a great deal.

We were talking about basses and she told me she had recently sold a '62 P for $1500 :crying:

She thought she had gotten a pretty good price for it.

14. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    LOL! I love it! Kudos to the person that snatched that bass up!

15. That's what you get for selling something you inherit from your grandfather!!

16. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    About two years ago, I sold an SWR combo to a guy locally. He's been trying to sell it for $20 more since then (went up for sale about two weeks after I sold it to him). I haven't seen the ad in about a month, so maybe finally sold it.

Similar story (inherited gear that I sold), but I guess I'm on the other side of that sale.

DO YOUR RESEARCH. I'm amazed that, with the availability and prevalence of the internet, people still forget that.

17. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Good read! I love these stories...

I snagged this 1962 Precision a few weeks ago on Good Friday :) w/ a '67 Fender hardshell case. The guy who sold it to me is a keyboard player, and said he knew the neck was original, but not sure about anything else.

Turns out, the neck has been over-sprayed and well the Precision PU and body (which is refinned poorly) are also original!

...he also threw in the original bridge and bridge cover, but I like how it plays with the BAII for now...

Fender1962Bass03.

got it for $950 cash in hand

18. Daveomd

Daveomd

Feb 28, 2010
    For those familiar with the old Ibanez logo from the 70s, i scored a "Hanez" lawsuit Jazz bass for $60 about 10 years ago from a pawn shop.