Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is sad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    EDDIE'S LIMP AUDITION - VAN BIZKIT TRY OUT DID HAPPEN:

In a feature article on the upcoming Limp Bizkit CD, MTV.com interviewed frontman Fred Durst about the band's need for a guitarist. The article reads: As Durst so eloquently puts it, "What the f--- am I doing? I'm not a guitar player." But after auditioning as many as 11 guitarists, including none other than Eddie Van Halen, the frontman finds himself, along with engineer Michael "Elvis" Baskette, strumming the songs for the new record. With live shows around the corner, that has to change."
    Eddie Van Halen??? Well, my best placed source says yes, Eddie did audition - what was he thinking? But - a possible glimmer of light in the tunnel - apparently we will all know what's going on with Van Halen by the end of the year. I'll believe it when I see it, but here's hoping. It just continues to get stranger doesn't it? Stay tuned...

2. hmm

i thought they got that guy from snot?

oh well, limp bizkit=:rolleyes: :meh: :rolleyes: :meh: :rolleyes:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Please say it isn't so Eddie....

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    It seems like ol' Ed hit bottom and kept digging.

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    It's like watching a car wreck happen over the course of 15 years. :(

6. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    According to something I read elsewhere, EVH never auditioned--that was just Durst's BS. Apparently Durst invited him over to jam, and he did, and that was it.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Rumour also has it that EVH called Fred's house to make arrangements to pick up his equipment and Fred wouldn't take the calls. Finally, EVH went over to his house armed, and Fred promptly cleared up the "misunderstanding". :D Again, it's all rumour.

8. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    The Freddy and Eddie show, episode number 3, "Armed and Dangerous".

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Maybe Ed went over to see if Val was there?

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I have a "friend" that knows someone in the EVH camp, who got wind of this story. He emailed my "source" to set the record straight. Here is the portion that addresses the Durst fib:

The absolute truth of the matter is Fred invited Eddie over to jam - which the guitarist did. He just went over and played with them for fun. My source makes this quite clear with the line: "[to suggest that] Eddie auditioned for ANYONE is just pure un adulterated bulls#*t and it's an insult to Ed and anyone that knows him. Fred, ever the PR man, loves to get his name in the papers... Ed is gonna be pissed off when he finds out what Durst is saying about him!"

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I watched that gay show on mtv bought durst... they got some guy... maybe for slipknot, idk but htey got a guitarist. And they said they had ovr 6,000 try out/

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Man, find a new insult. Tabcrawler flashbacks?

13. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I can breathe again now.

14. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

You know what's funny...I read the title of this thread and thought "I hope Woodchuck is off his Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst obsession..."

Guess we aren't so lucky yet. ;)

15. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    I don't know Eddie, but I will say - what exactly is the point of "auditioning" someone with 25 years of recordings out there? Surely you can surmise wether or not he can play, and if he fits your style from that. The only thing left pretty much is figuring out if you can get along and they have goals which fit with yours, which you can probably figure out over lunch.

16. Yes, apparently 60,000 "guitarists" are extremely desperate... I wonder if we'll see a rise in crime perpetrated by guitarists. Maybe we should form support groups.

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    All Durst, all the time! :D

18. thumbtrap

thumbtrap

Jun 26, 2003
    I kinda doubt Eddie would be your first pick for a Mariachi band anyway.

19. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I wouldn't have it any other way! :D ;)

20. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

HAY GUYS LETS LINK THIS THRAAD 2 A THRAAD ABOUT FEILDY!!11111! LOL