This is so funny, I had to share it!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Jennifer, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    This is someone's story from a thread about nightmare gigs from a local music board. Too funny!

OK...1980... Battle of the Bands down at Leclaire Park! 20 bands or so... playing all day long... The winner wins $1000.00 and gets to play the main stage at night and then plays with Jerry Lee Lewis the following night too! Anyway... I was in a band called Amigos and we won! So... that night we play on the main stage to a crowd of about 5000 on a hot summer night... I belive we where playing Black Magic Woman... and I'm dancing around thinking I'm King Big S#*t!... I see a bunch of girls yelling and screaming like there is no tomorrow and a nephew of mine is in the middle of them screaming too! I think to myself..."I'm really getting down"...These chicks are going crazy! So... I'm dancing and prancing right above them... We jump up and hit the last note... and the place goes wild! So I thought! These chicks are going nuts!... soon as the crown dies down... there suddenly is dead silence and my nephew yells out at the top of his lungs..."Your Balls are showing!"... I look down and my nutsack is hanging out of my shorts! I had been giving these girls nutshots the whole time! They weren't screaming and yelling for me they were laughing at my sack that was hanging out! We laughed our asses off for days! I think a few of those chicks went blind! Anyone for meatballs!
    lancimouspitt likes this.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

We guys just call it "cleavage."

Why should all you women and your low-cut dresses get all the action??? ;)
  3. hey thanks, that was... nauseating...

anyway, this guy deserved it. who wears shorts to a gig? bad form.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Sorta gives the term bassballs a whoole new meaning...

Too bad it didn't happen during the Jerry Lee Lewis thing. Then they could say "Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

I'll stop now.

I'll agree with the whole shorts thing, though.
  5. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    uuuhhhh,,,, I can just imagine this free balling dude with total legless cutoffs.

6. why?
  7. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    holy sh*t...that is funny!!!
    I had not laughed that hard all day.
    :D :D :D :D
  8. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I do... all the time! Get's plenty hot onstage!

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Isn't that a Texas belt buckle?
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    NOW can I get a "scrotum?"
  11. I saw Blood Duster, they are a aussie metal joke band, at just before the encore the bassist stands there and pops one of his nuts out the side of his jocks, cause the guitarist pulled his pants down. but the bassist was holding is nut and going "these.... are my balls!"

Had to be there really
  12. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    I think I'll be off to purchase a longer strap................just in case :p

13. once i wore a tube top to a gig, my bass strap and i idnt have a good day that day....:eek:
  14. Wow. That's crazy funny. You think he would've felt a little breeze or vibration down there. You know, with the bass and all.
  15. Lol, thats strange, i agree with moxnix but i think the heat helped with the no breezy thing. (makes sense rite??)
  16. Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    try these next time...they shouldnt give you any trouble. hehe.

17. I am having a little problem with the math.
    Your screen name is Jennifer and your balls were hanging out.
  18. you misread the post then. she said "this is someone elses story" or something along those lines. this isnt a personal experience. but really, if forget to do your fly up, or wear short shorts, or, just have a REALLY saggy sack... you deserve that. you should expect that kinda stuff to happen... i wear baggy pants, and when i wear shorts they are lower than my knees, so until im 80, i wont have that problem...
  19. Whoops, well in an odd way I feel a lot better.