Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is some weird stuff....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JWC, Apr 27, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Now before you guys think I am on acid, I swear my action just went up all by itself. Is this humanley possible. And I can't tell just by looking if it went up but it feels higher than it was. I didn't hit it or drop it, or take it out the house for that matter. Is this possible.

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I think you're on acid.

3. It is distinctly possible you are both on acid and experiencing difficulty with the truss rod.

Right before the truss rod snapped on my P-bass, the action did that. (and what a horrible noise truss rods make when they break while playing)

I would have it checked.

FF

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Jesus! Why are you talking about snapping truss rods when I have a gig in a few hours! That's all I would need. How did that happen? Do they just get weak and snap? My guitarist likes to torque on the neck of his guitar when he ends a solo with a long drawn-out note. I would imagine that would snap a rod, huh?

5. even thou i think you may be on acid it could also be the change of weather. don't know were you live but in MA the last couple of days have been hot and cold

6. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Well I have a lesson next week, and my bass teacher is also a tech, so I'll have him look at the bass. Also, when you guys say the truss rod may need adjusting, are you saying that the truss rod itself is making the action rise, or making it feel that way. I mean, it can't make the screws in the saddle go up can it??

Plus, it is in the 80s during the day and the 40s and at night. Damn!

7. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    by the way, I had a pro set up just last Friday afternoon. It couldn't be the truss rod after only a week could it? AHHHHH!!!!

8. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    once I adjust the rod the screws will go back down?