Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"This is spinal tap" songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fleabee, Feb 26, 2006.

1. I happen to like the songs in spinal tap..i think theyre very catchy lol

2. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    Have you seen A Mighty Wind?

3. no i never saw that but i know christopher guest had his hands in that one....was it good?

4. Diddlysquat

Diddlysquat Guest

Feb 8, 2006
    And once you've watched that, don't forget "Best In Show" and "Waiting for Gufman."

Christopher Guest (Mr. Jamie Lee Curtis) is a genius.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    It's actually the same three main guys, don't forget Michael McKeon and Harry Shearer (my personal favorite, and not just because he's the bassist! ;) ). All three of 'em are comic geniuses!!! :D

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I spent about two months listening to smell the glove...

7. There's a fine line between stupid... and clever.

Did you know that D minor is the saddest of all keys?

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I thought that a few of the songs on that disc where O.K. But overall, it's fairly forgettable stuff.

We do "Hellhole" because we do a "hell" set. Y'know? Songs about "Hell" or that have "hell" in them.

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Yeah, but they were all written to be purposefully 'really bad, but the band doesn't know they're bad'. So with that in mind, what terrible thing does it say when I dig one?

Regarding 'A Mighty Wind', my favorite place in the world is a folk music festival in south Texas. When I read a review of the movie in Acoustic Guitar or Performing Songwriter or some other magazine it predicted that several of the 'acoustic spinal tap' songs would be showing up in jams at folk fests in the near future. And then it went on to reference specific songs that aren't on my DVD of the movie.

I listened for them at the festival last year. No luck. Maybe this year.

10. Lick my love pump is great, as well as sex farm. The line about poking her hay cracks me up.

Did you know that St. Hubbins is the patron saint of quality footwear?

11. Oh man, Big Bottom is great! and Gimme Some Money!

"do I have to come right flat out and tell you everything?
    gimme some mon-naayyy!"

12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    A few years ago at my churches no longer active Thursday night service we once played "give me some money" for the offering with the video going above the band. The scariest part was that we managed to stay "synced" to the video!

13. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I like "Tonite I'm Gonna Rock You Tonite"...

14. "no ,were not going to do ****ing stonehenge..."

15. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    "We're very lucky in the band in that we have two visionaries, David and Nigel, they're like poets, like Shelley and Byron. They're two distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water. "