this is strange

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Nov 25, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    last nights gig from hell presented me with a rather stange problem. i felt like my fingers were sticking to the strings and i was getting hung up on the strings. whats up with that? that made me look stupid.
  2. was it a hot stage?
    were your hands sweating alot
    happens to me after playing long sets
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You should wash your hands after eating those Cini-Mini's down at Burger King. It's the frosting.
  4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Maybe that was the same problem good ol' Such had. ;)
  5. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    no, my strings are clean and my fingers clean and dry. seems like alot of friction. the room was unheated. very cool temp.
  6. If the room was cold and you didn't warm up, your hands might have been a little stiff. When you say you were getting hung up on the strings, do you mean you couldn't play as fast as you usually can? Did your hands hurt at all, or feel cramped?
  7. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Dave, the room was cold. I had warmed up a bit, but that was about an hour before we played at soundcheck. I couldnt play fast at all, and my fingers, when I would go to pull the string up, would almost feel stuck to the string. Too much friction it seemed. It was like my hands were glued to the strings. Anyway, sorry for calling you a liberal idiot Dave. Politics bring out the worst in us all man. Peace.
  8. Weird, man. I can't explain the friction thing, unless you did in fact have cake icing on your hands.
    No worries about the politics thing.. I am a liberal all the time, and an idiot about half the time! I agree, if you want to stir it up, politics and religion are good ones. You should have seen Thanksgiving at my house.. my dad, the liberal college professor, debating my brother-in-law, the conservative lawyer, after we all put away an entire bottle of scotch! Fun, fun, fun.
  9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Are the strings new? I know that TI Jazz Flats are sticky as heck when you put them on.
  10. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    bassmonkee, about a month old.