1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

This is the age at which you're officially too old to go to a nightclub

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tony B. Filthy, Jul 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tony B. Filthy

Tony B. Filthy Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    47th Street likes this.
  2. If were going by the type of club that's pictured in that article (Like a dance club or a disco in the 70's), I was too old for those at 18. Never like them.

Bars with music/live band. You're never too old.

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Remember, age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! grumpyoldman.

4. I wouldn't step foot inside a place like that, if you paid me. Who wants to be around drunk kids, at any age?

5. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Yep, IMO a "nightclub" is for the 21-35 y/o demographic. As a musician playing there you begin to be "creepy old guy" at 45. At 62 I be WAY too old :meh:.

MJ5150 and Tony B. Filthy like this.
  6. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I would prefer to go to a 37 and up club, but l'm only 33 or something.

7. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    American
    I quit going to 'night clubs' to party in my 20's
    But I go to night clubs all the time as a musician since then.
    Or occasionally to support fellow musicians gigs...so I guess a little partying is going on.

47th Street and BboogieXVII like this.
  8. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I'm definitely too old, as I realized when I was on vacation a week ago. There was a nightclub that served food till 4am, so I'd stumble over after midnight and stuff my face with wings and guzzle beer on the patio. It wasn't busy during the week, but the last night I went there was a DJ and taxis were dropping off groups of young ladies, so after my wings I decided to peep inside, if for nothing else than to just hear the DJ spin for a minute and feel the sub bass in my chest. Let me tell you, I'm only 36, but family life has this weird effect of making things like nightclubs seem even less interesting. The faces and music change, but it's the same as it's always been. The DJ was very good and I bought a birthday girl a Grey Goose before dancing with their group. They seemed to get a kick out of me, plastered and wearing my "dad" cargo shorts with a sunburn on my nose. It felt good that I didn't let out a creepy vibe, at least that I was aware of, and it was fun to re-live that chapter in my life, even if only for an hour or two.

I was certainly not dressed for it and it was a rather spontaneous move on my part, but I was the only guy on the dance floor, with every other male in the place 10 years younger than me kind of huddled at the bar just staring out at all the girls giving me booty bumps and high fives while they sipped their beers. That night, I determined that would be the last time I ever willingly set foot in a nightclub as a customer, for wings or anything else. I'm too old for that crap.

9. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    It depends on where you are & what defines Night Club.
    I know a few places in Bangkok that could be called a Night Club with revelers in their 60s.

47th Street likes this.
  10. blastoff99

blastoff99

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA

I like the "or something" part of your comment. I wonder if on my 48th birthday I can claim to be "33 or something."

47th Street, Bob_Ross and Stumbo like this.
  11. The ad for this Thread is great for the over 30 crowd. It will not copy, this is what it says.

PAINT IN A BAR NEAR YOU.
    Pick up a paint brush and a cocktail with friends at paint night.
    Got some photos.

c700x420.

paint-nite_47862.

c700x420.

Tony B. Filthy and 47th Street like this.
  12. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    Tony B. Filthy likes this.
  13. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Older folks like to have fun too.
    With that said, I have noticed one of the worse things about getting old is how younger people look at you. Sometimes they treat you like a different species.

old+people+party.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'd've said 82.

Tony B. Filthy and BboogieXVII like this.
  15. ZenG

ZenG

Dec 13, 2013
    Near the fridge
    I'm now too intelligent to go to electronica and d/j clubs.

Tony B. Filthy and Groove Doctor like this.
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Try 33 with 15 years of experience.

-Mike

Tony B. Filthy and blastoff99 like this.
  17. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Rickenbacker Enthusiast Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    You're never too old to play live music bars, as your following tends to be the same age group.

5-Piece-Skeleton-Band_c_ws.

Nightclubs? I stopped going when I was 35....

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  18. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

So long as the women still hit on you, you're never too old!

Tony B. Filthy and 47th Street like this.
  19. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    In such situations, simply identify the strongest youth and beat him down. Guaranteed respect.

20. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    To pick up chicks at real honest to god night club (one that's meant for the young crowd) you've got to be that scary-good looking Alpha male, the kind that I move out of the way for in grocery stores.

I remember at around age 36 people (even young women sometimes) began asking how old I was when at the club. I thought hey mebbe she's interested but I think that as it turns out they were actually trying to find out if I was a creepy old guy or not.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017