Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is the coolest thing I've EVER SEEN!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Limo, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

The movie?

3. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    If it were a movie;)

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Coolest thing ever, eh?

-Mike

5. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I think so yes

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Right on. You guys don't do too much in Reykjavik I take it. You should hook up with Ivar. He'll show you a good time.

-Mike

7. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Yeah and you know what, all the black ppl here in Iceland must go to the back off the bus:rolleyes:

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey now. I was just poking fun at you. I'm sorry. PM Ivar, and see if he'll show you around your wonderful country. There's some seriously cool stuff in Iceland, way cooler than the Simpsons.

-Mike

9. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I know, I just poked back at you man;) have you been to Iceland? If not you should come, there are way cool things to see here, even cooler than the Simpsons;)

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I so wish!

Going to Iceland is on the list of things I must do before I die. I would love to be there during the time of the year when it is daylight all the time. Playing golf at 3:00AM in broad daylight would be too cool.

-Mike

11. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Well I can tell you that the grass is not as green as you think, no pun intended, it's also quite expensive to play golf here, everything is expensive here man;) But if you want to experience this I recommend Hvaleyrarvöllur in Hafnarfjörður
    http://exploreiceland-e.ecweb.is/city%5Fguide/sports%5Fand%5Foutdoors/golf/
    it's by the ocean and the atmosphere can be spectacular:)

12. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I spent a year at Keflavik, very pretty,( not Keflavik) but 3 sunny days I think.:)

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    From that link you posted.........

"The greens around Reykjavík offer some of the most dramatic scenery in the world. Many of the lanes run along the ocean and between mountains with lava fields stretching out in the distance. This is truly an experience you do not want to miss."

Awwwwww man, I am so there. I will find a way. WHat do you consider expensive for 18 holes? I normally pay up to $80 or more.

-Mike

14. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I looked everywhere and I haven't found any info about the price of an 18 hole round on any golfcourse. But I would suspect you'd have to pay about the same as you do over there in the states. I guess I don't know as much as I though, sorry about that;) You could also try to e-mail keilir@isholf.is and check all these things out:)

15. steve21

steve21 Banned

The frets don't retract on that video.

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    *poke*

*poke poke*

bc

17. Damn. Google Video has always been good to me, but for some reason, I can't get this video to play. And being a Simpsons fan myself, I really wanna see it.

18. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    well, it IS pretty cool.

19. That's hilarious!

20. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Hey Limo, haven't seen you in ages. I thought you became
    one of those new Icelandic Millionaires or something.