Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is WAL Good...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Jun 26, 2004.

1. OMG... Cant be bothered to do typing here just stand and stare...this has got to be one of the best looking Wals I have ever Seen..!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OMG..!!! I WANT ONE... :bawl:

2. Levi

Levi

Apr 4, 2004
  3. All that purple is Purpleheart right? If so thats the brightest, pinkest Purpleheart I've seen. Definately a nice bass, but not my cup of tea.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Those inlays scare me. I would tihnk its sexier with black inlays. Maybe mother of pearl.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Beautiful instrument! I'd hit it. Are those purpleheart block inlays?

6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    thats the coolest wall i ever did see, looks like something billy sheehan would own. i like

7. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  8. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Super nice!! I would buy it in a second. IIWFS.

9. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Err... sweet? It's a nice colour, if you don't mind the queer looks that you'll get afterwards ;)

10. That's a very unwaly looking Wal, for sure, and it's subject for a heated debate on the Wal yahoo group. Personally I prefer the Mach I body shape, and darker wood facings when it comes to Wals, but that one sure is unique. In a good way.

11. I just think it is very Radical...

My Fav Wals are prolly these

[​IMG]

Quilted Blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Red Maple Front and Back

[​IMG]

Mike Zimmermans Gorg Flamed Redwood

and this is my fav along side thw Wonderful Purpleheart

[​IMG]

Satin Finished Quilted Walnut

12. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Is not that bad........only that I don´t like too much purple/pink. I rather have some "traditional" Wal in my hands.

13. Thats gorgeous! lol! The dude who posted - loooks like something Billy Sheehan would own - I second that!
    Thanks
    Troy

14. Every time I see a Wal, I think, "...now there's a nice lookin' instrument." And I think...I really should give them another shot. It's the same with a Ric for some reason. Every Wal I've ever played has been ungodly heavy (I'm sure there's one out there that's not)...butevery time I get onstage with one, (after convincing myself that I understand that whacky electronics package)...I get like a deer in the headlights., trying to find a workable sound - "alright, was I supposed to pull up on the volume knob...nope...that sounds like crap...or was it to hit this switch...nope..."

15. I just treat the wals elecys as a mixing desk strip it u spply that logic then u cant go far wrong :)

16. You bastards gave me Wal GAS again!

ARRRRRRGH!

17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Aesthetically, the hardware and pickups are some of the best I've ever seen. The tasteful accents of gold on the black are just phenomenal, something I've always thought would be really attractive on a natural finish -- and it sure seems to be. It's definitely most attractive on the purpleheart in the first post and the quilted walnut one that Zenbass posted.

One more note on the visuals of the basses -- I LOVE the necks. The centre block of maple, two purpleheart strips, and then the wings in flamed maple? I LOVE it. Is that standard on Wal basses? The fretless six with the pale orangey red finish seems to have it too. Great looking feature, that is.

18. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Its a nice idea but not in that colour