1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This is what the parts I buy here has become!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Vintage Guy, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Picked up a nice P/J body here in Fiesta Red. Mated it to a maple on maple All Parts neck,I got here,and added a Fender 70's logo. Set up and intonated perfectly with a set of GHS Bass Boomer Rounds. Stay tuned as I have a whole closet full of parts destined to become another neat bass!

Attached Files:

2. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Sweet build. Love the color.

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    Ah, so that's where that body ended up. :)

I saw that one in the Accessories section a few days ago.

4. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Nice!! I have a similar project in the works.. MIM P-Bass deluxe P/J body from TB, MIM Classic 50s P-Bass neck & tuners, vintage bridge..

I'm in the middle of stripping the body down.. It has a weird horizontal veneer over the front & back, so that has to go. I'll re-veneer to maintain thickness, and then see how well I can follow TB/Reranch directions on finishing :bassist:

Then I'll add an anodized pickguard, a '57 P pickup, an Ultra Jazz and some Chromes...

Should I go Black Beauty, Olympic White, or go brave and try a 2 tone sunburst?