Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This is why I love this company!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkee1, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    I don't want to SPAM, but I just thought I'd share an anecdote about Genz Benz. I am on my 2nd. GBE 600 head. The first one was destroyed in a car crash, so I bought another one.

The second one developed a problem, and I contacted them about it, and they offered, on their own, to repair it in 5 workingdays if I sent it to them.

Now this is cool enough, but it developed another problem last weekend. I think this particular one must've been a lemon.

Anyway, they cruise the HCBF a lot, saw a thread where I mentioned this, and they offered to replace it for me, rather than servicing!

I love those guys!

Anyway, I don't want to spam here, but I just thought you should all kow what great customer service you'll get from them!
    :hyper:

2. Now thats what I called service

3. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Good Customer Servive - Its equally as important as the gear itself....... thumbs up to Genz Benz...

I am in NYC and have not seen any of there product out here.... would love to try some of their stuff....

4. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Everything electronic could have a potential problem. Even higher end gear like GB.

It's good to hear a company step up like that.

Information like that will influence me to check out their gear when I'm ready to buy a new amp.

5. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Awesome..
    Okay, not to highjack the thread or anything, but Funkee1 do you have that bass in your Avatar? Just curious because it looks like my Spector ReBop 5

6. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    my guitarist just dropped 1400 canadian on an all tube genz benz head...and he totally loves it..the only problem..is at practise he has the volume on two, and hes still drowning out the other guitarist..(marshall valvstate hackstack) and me...
    aw well.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Bigwig...talk him into buying something like a Marshall Power Brake (or similar). The Power Brake is a power attenuator that goes between amp and cabinet and allows additional volume control.

8. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Yes indeed I do! :D

Beware!!! If you slap, you'll scratch it by the pickups (Which I don't mind, but I didn't expect it!)

9. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    That sounds like normal company service. I don't see the big deal. They "offer" to repair it right after you got it? Well of course. And I'm guessing you paid for shipping.

And they deside to replace one of their amps that is faulty and their a great company?

That sounds like standerd fare for bass and amp companys. And if he posted in your thread about replacing it, thats just called good advertising.

10. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas

I disagree. This may sound like "normal customer service", but it has been my experience with other companies who shall remain nameless, that the best they offer in similar situations is the toll free number of their service department, and once you get them, the "technician" gives you th phone number of the repair agent closest to you.

A couple of points you may have missed:
    1) they offered the replacement to me when I was ready to drive to my local repair facility.

2) They serviced the unit before. Other companies have a "# strikes, you're out" policy. This is only the second strike, and they offered to replace it without my asking.

As for this being free advertising, maybe it is, but since I don't work for GB, nor am I receiving any compensation, I just know a good product from a good company, I feel obliged to share my info.

How did SWR get to be so big among bassist? Word of mouth from satisfied users!

I thought this kind of sharing is what this forum was for. Am I wrong?

11. Nope, that's exactly what this forum is for.

12. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    I'm sorry, but every company that I have ever brought from, this has been standered fare, nothing incredible. If this hasen't been the standered for service with other companys you mention, then they must be horrible companys.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Way to go Funkee. That's cool for you man. This is industry is very competitive, so actions like this can go along way in making people loyal.

-Mike

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Based on horror stories I have heard about other manufacturers, it sounds like GB is a world class outfit.

I have known a lot of people online, and in person, who got the major runaround from amp manufacturers when warranty service was needed.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I s'pose I'd rather never find out first-hand about a company's service department. I have no experience with Eden's service group, praise god.

16. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    Hello All;
    Since Funkee has been very loyal to Genz-Benz I just wanted to add something.

We work extremely hard at customer service.....the whole company. I've had contact with Funkee on many occasions and I'm not in customer service, I'm the product manager. When his amp first failed, I offered to send him my own amp overnight to cover him for a gig he had coming up. He didn't take me up on the offer because he had a backup.

Is this exceptional customer service? I don't know. I guess it depends on they type of service you're used to experiencing. I've received service just as good (from Lakland and Fodera) and I've had service well, well below...won't name companies.

Is it advertising that we post withing the thread? Well, no. I surf the chat rooms to see what people are saying about our gear as well as competitors....also, because I like amplifiers and wrapping with other musicians. If a thread comes along that I can contribute to, based on Genz Benz or not, I'll jump in. If somebody has a question or in Funkee's case, an issue, how can I not jump in to help rectify it?

Now, am I happy that this may put Genz-Benz in a positive light? Absolutely. I could though not jump in in hopes that the thread will die and not draw attention to the fact that one of our amps had problems. In the end, the chat room was the forum where I became aware of the problem so that's where it was resolved. Funkee and I have had private emails and we didn't go copying them over to the forum for self advancement.

Even though our failure rates are less than 1%, the first bullet point in the brand positioning market reports I have to do once a year is to pull out all the stops to provide exceptional customer service.

Thanks all for reading this and for your kind words posted here.

Kindest Regards,
    Roger Hart
    Genz-Benz
    Product Mgr.

17. /\
    /\
    /\

wow. Thanks for stopping by, Roger. I like your products, don't ever change for the worse.

18. Funkee1

I agree that this post is exactly what the forums are all about. Good service, whether it's available other places or not, is worthy of mention. I'm new to the bass arena and I love to hear about products/companies that other TBers are pleased with. I'm still saving up for my first big amp/cab purchase and now I'll add GB to my go play and listen to list.

19. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    Thanks for the kind words and it's my pleasure to stop by.
    I learn a lot by hanging out in such forums.

20. I've learned that I'm nowhere near as good as I thought I was...MAJOR inferiority complex happening. I've also learned that there's so much great gear out there that I'll never get to it all or be satisfied with any single thing.

- I do want a GB 6x10 though. Actually, four of them....stacked vertically.