Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This just in - Metallica CD release date

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Nov 12, 2002.

1. From Encycmet.com:

RELEASE DATE FOR CD
    In the latest video posted on the official toursite, Metallica speaks about the songs and where they are in the recording process. So far the band have recorded more or less 30 songs. The band and Bob Rock voted on them to find out which of them had to be on the album. 4 songs got 4 votes, while 17 or so got 3 votes. No titles yet.
    In the same interview Bob Rocks speaks about a deadline the guys have in mind, May the first. So, expect to see the CD in your local store in 6 months!

2. I'll get it all from the internet within a week. :D

3. Lol yeah me too.

But as a devoted fan...I HAVE to buy the CD. Besides...I wanna look at all the pictures inside. :D

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's funny because I'll never download a whole album out of respect for the artist... but for Metallica... I'll make an exception! Bastards. I'll burn a copy of it.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    can you say recordings?

re-cor-dings? RE-COR-DINGS!?!?

jeeze :rolleyes:

6. I am a huge metallica fan, my brother and i are collectors of every metallica bootleg! heehee

They are giving me the s***s lately, every 6 months they release a press release saying "yup it'll be out in 6 months". Anything to get the record company off their back i suppose.

Everytime they do it, there would bee hype, then it never comes. So much expectation on an album, i havedoubts on wether it will be any good.

I'll still buy it lol

:D:D

Merls

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    At least they admit they have had some "quality control issues". :D

8. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    re-cor-flings?

re-bar-rings?

rama-lama-dingding?

four-of-kings?

Nope, can't say it. ;)

I'm with you JT, I will buy it when it comes out. It still is Metallica, after all.

Robert

9. After hearing that garbage they did with JaRule, this album better be good. God JaRule can't sing...

10. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Who's playing bass for them?

11. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

JaRule is too busy these days making movies with Steven Seagal to be a good singer.;)

12. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Bob Rock is playing bass......now they can be like Creed and never hire a bassist;)

13. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I will not buy that cd!!!:mad:

14. BlackGeezer

BlackGeezer

Aug 21, 2001
    all these ****heads say Metallica sold out and blah blah blah so i would like you to justify yourself boy

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I love Metallica as much as the next guy but... you want proof that Metallica sold out... OK... listen to Kill 'Em all, Ride The Lightning, and Master of Puppets... then listen to Load or worse yet RELoad... OK albums, but if thats your idea of metal I demand that you kick yourself in the face. :rolleyes:

16. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I did not mean to upset you blackgeezer. but the way I see it they had a very hard, fast sound. Then It went to the Bob Rock sound very radio friendly. not anything like they had before the black album. Thats just how i see it.

17. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I was a DIE HARD fan until the Black album came out. Now I couldn't care less.

18. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Tell you what, we have had dozens of "old Metallica/new Metallica/sold out Metallica" discussions here before. So let's keep this thread more on point by not commenting on what Metallica once was and what it is now good or bad or indifferent.

Back to that new recording. I doubt it will be out in six months UNLESS the guys have a big tour lined up and need a CD out to promote during the tour.

Here's why...of the 30 some songs recorded, only four received four votes. Only 17 received three votes. If they want a really strong album they all can believe in, every song on that CD should be in the four vote ctaegory. Either they need to rework some of the three-vote songs or come up with a bunch more songs.

That could take some time. Quality music just doesn't jump out that easily, especially for a band that has a lot to prove. Given that many of their original fans have felt betrayed by the last two albums and the S&M album, they need to try to rescue those fans. I am not one of those fans, however. I did actually enjoy "Load." Metallica would have to do something pretty drastic or downright sloppy before I wouldn't like them. I don't think Bob Rock would allow that to happen...if he can help it.

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Ditto. BTW, they are sell outs because they do things they themselves said they wouldn't do, it doesn't matter what those things are. If you must know just read the back of "Cliff 'Em All". That said, I'll check out the new album anyway, despite slob block playing the bass.