Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This just in:

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by McHack, Jun 2, 2004.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    There are already a couple of threads active about this bass..

3. Ooow, spacy!! Especially those two whole strings!! :rolleyes: :D

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Yes, it has been done over and over. :meh:

Since I've gotten to hear about his weekly, I've been watching the price slowly drop. I can't believe he's still asking that much. I'm sure it cost him a good amount to build, but I can't remember the last bass that as been for sale at that price. People wouldn't pay that much for something the really wanted, like a vintage Fender, let alone an "interesting" one-off. I'd give him $100 for it, maybe. :p

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Wierd, this is the first time I've seen it...

6. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    that bass is VERY ugly anyway, and what kind of jackass only gets a bass with 2 strings anyway? Not to mention paying more for it then probably any other string configuration, if i had the money i would buy that bass and light it on fire, I already did that with an old ibanez i had, trust me lots of fun.

7. From: http://www.pouringrain.co.nz/music_2string.htm

"The E and the A string is all a bass player should need to do the job properly,If you want to play fancy stuff on the skinny strings then you should be playing lead guitar.I also have another standard bass that I have pulled the d and g strings off the guitar but it has no impact live like this beast"

Interesting though that the picture that inspired this instrument shows 4-strings:

http://www.pouringrain.co.nz/2string20.JPG

Haha, what a jackass.

- Dave

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    like, 4.