1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

This kid is pretty good

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    Yea that kid will defiantely be great one day if he keeps it up. It's good to see kids into MM instead of the crap that's on the radio 85% of the time hehe. :ninja:

2. Crazy, I just saw another bassists play that song earlier today. He did it a weird way, but it sounded good

3. i hope he learned that by ear rather than some tabs..i hate tabs..

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    His timing isn't great, he phrases a lot of that stuff wrong, but like you said, he's very young.

5. 1zero

1zero

May 20, 2005
    there's definitely potential there..and he's young so i guess maybe a few years down the line he'll be something.

6. Stuff like this makes me wish I started playing much sooner instead of at 16.

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    He's 15. His name is Mike.

8. how do you know...and he looks 10 lol. i'm 15 and i deffinetly don't look that young

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    He uses Sputnik's Music forums (formerly MX, the worst forum on the net), his user name is Miket3hcoug or something.

10. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah he doesn't look 10. He looks like a teenager.
    Cool tone out of whatever bass he's playing though.

11. JHL

JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    Well... if I disregard that it didn't groove a bit I guess it was pretty good :]

If he works on his time and feel he'll probably become a great player.