Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

this looks good...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    http://www.fahrenheit911.com/trailer/

2. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, this is supposed to be a real eye-opener. Did you see Bowling for Columbine? I thought that was good myself.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    IBTL

--are you seriously posting this here??? :eyebrow: :rollno:

4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    In before the lock.

Not to be political, but I personally would not trust everything that Michael Moore says. And I'm not saying this because I oppose his views, but because he has been known to fabricate and exaggerate facts.

5. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    ^ Agreed. I think that everyone should make their own conclusions regardless of where the information comes from. But yeah, I guess this is too close to political to be appropriate here.

6. OOOOOO THIS LOOKS GOOD! I LOVE MICHAEL MOORE! did you see bush at the end....he doest care about america, only on his golf game...greedy bastard...

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    1. this is about a movie.

2. i wouldn't either, of course not, that's with everyone. but this is a movie... video footage, did you watch the trailer!?

8. In before the close.

Also, doa search next time.

Micheal Moore is a very good documenter, and he as usually will raise some eye-opening facts and bring more truths and realities to the American public that does not know the whole thing.

Should be an interesting film/documentary.

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Michael Moore unfortunately has been proven to fabricate too many "facts" interviews, etc etc ad infinitum to be taken seriously by the thinking person. He has been denounced by people from all corners of the political spectrum and for good reason. He's a liar.

You can say whatever you want about "footage" there are many things that can be implied with the right editing, and that's basically how he makes his movies and "proves" his points. If you believe what you are seeing in Bowling for Columbine, do a little research and you will see what a joke it actually is. Quite a shame too as it was a tragic event.

I smell a lock coming on?

10. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Agreed, although I agree with alot of his views, I despise him and his way of making movies.

11. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    www.bowlingfortruth.com

12. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

This is the real problem in my opinion. He could have a valid viewpoint on something (though I generally disagree with everything he has to say in recent memory), but it's the way he makes it that just totally negates any effect he might otherwise have. Why does he make films this way? He often will not respond to inquiry's regarding his facts, and the ones I have seen him respond to he admits he made it up and then follows it up with the explanation of "my films are made for entertainment and nothing else" or something similar to that.

I think having whatever viewpoint is fine, but it should be able to be backed up with real data, real results, or real facts. I really think he does more to hurt the cause of liberals or people that agree with his viewpoint, than to help. I mean, how can anyone turn a blind eye to what goes on in his films? I really don't get it.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    IBTL

Just because you say:

"Not trying to be political"

or

"Politics asside"

or something along those lines doesnt mean your post isnt political.

Dont make political post here if you know its against the rules, and dont try hide behind a phrase like that if you are going to totally negate it with your next sentence.

Its like saying. "No offense but you are the ugliest, stupidest person Ive ever seen." Its obviously offensive no matter what you say.

14. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Well, it's nice to have a change of pace and have someone other than CNN and FOX lying to us.

15. It thought bowling for columbine was good... name one thing michael had lied to us about in that movie(its been a while since ive seen it)

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ha! :D

17. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Moore on 9/11 huh........

18. looks interesting, I'll see it out of curiousity.

19. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    Did you see Passion?

It's not religious you know... it's a movie.

20. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I will see it the day it comes out. Say what you want but what does not come out in the wash, will come out in the rinse!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.