1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This makes me sick...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by shawn-o, Feb 18, 2008.

1. shawn-o

shawn-o

Jan 29, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    So ive got a case of the cant-sleeps so i was reading up on craigslist and found this post linking to Matt Costa's blog. He played a show the other night in my city and apparently had ALL their gear stolen from the locked venue.

This makes me sick. Heres the post...

http://winnipeg.craigslist.ca/msg/577447773.html

Ugh. I had my car broken into about 100 feet from that venue last month aswell. Hopefully they were able to make it back to the US/ get back on the tour. That sucks bigtime though.

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Man that sucks. Nothing lower than stealing something that could potentially mean a lot to the owner (sentimental value and what not).

3. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Not to take away from the seriousness of this, because this really does suck, but...

An ES-335 in seafoam green? Man, that must look awesome. And of course it'll be easy to find the little snots decided to go to the pawn shops with this stuff.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Crime happens, sadly.

5. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    I know nothing about Winnipeg but it sounds like an inside job to me.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Sure does.

7. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Hmm...

8. juicebox1127

juicebox1127

Feb 18, 2008

Yeah. It really DID look awesome. I've been drooling over Matt's two Gibsons for quite some time now, and looking at my pictures from his gig two weeks ago is making me squirm. It just sucks so hard for him.

9. i was just thinking the same thing, man all the ES's are so sexy anyways

10. That's really sad. When you're on the road and someone steals all your gear, you have lost everything. Monetary losses aside, that's like stealing your kids! I hope those jerks who stole it get busted.

11. This is becoming more and more frequent.