This makes me very, very sad...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Jul 23, 2001.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
  2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Words fail me...that is SO sad, I really hope he is being premature.....
  3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I saw something on ABC News this morning to the effect that George Martin is now denying he ever made this statement to the press (if you read closely, the CNN story quotes him as the source of the statement, not Harrison). Maybe it's not true.

Sadly enough, though, these guys aren't getting any younger.
  4. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I saw that it was George Martin who was quoted. That was why I gave it creedence.
    Hopefully, the press is being its usual slimy, insensitive, gun-jumping self, and Martin isn't just back peddling to stop the firestorm. All I know is that my heart simply sank when I saw that headline at

George has always been my favorite Beatle. Hell, if he can beat lung cancer, throat cancer, and a knife-wielding maniac who stabs him in the chest, hopefully, he can beat this, too.
  5. banger

Jun 29, 2001
    vienna wv usa
    Yea it sucks that he is saying that because if he has no urge to live then he wont last much longer . lets hope he does last eventhough he dosent think he will
  6. I guess there is going to come a time when they will all be gone. Like unless cryogenics improve........

Nope.. back to OT for me i think. ;)

Or not so much lollies and coffee?

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the current report on this is that this is a misquote/rumor. so maybe things aren't so bad. hopefully.
  8. kcm

Jun 17, 2000
    Woking, Surrey.
  9. I hope neither george is dying. I went and watched the anthology about a week ago, and hearing the demo version of "while my guitar gently weeps" inspired me to take a second crack at learning the twelve string.
  10. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I meant to post an "all clear" in this thread, but I have been busy getting ready for vacation. I hope he is okay, and has some more years in him.

If you like the version of "While My Guitar..." in the video, the full tune is on disc 1 of Anthology 3. Of the three, this is my favorite--it has both the demo you mentioned, and the tunes from Let it Be without the Phil Spector "Wall of Sound." I much prefer the mix of "The Long and Winding Road" on anthology. The same takes, without the added bells, and whistles. Very nice.