Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This might make some of you happy.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, Jun 4, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000525297

The members of Creed have confirmed that they will split after almost a decade together. The announcement comes three months after Creed songwriter/singer Scott Stapp told Billboard that his bandmates would take a break.

In a statement issued today (June 4) and posted on the band's official Web site, Stapp says, "Creed was one of the most amazing journeys through music and friendship I am blessed to say I was a part of."

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I for one, have an expression on my face that looks like this- :)

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    "one of the most amazing journeys"? how many has he been on? :eyebrow: :rollno:

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  5. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    FINALLY! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

6. man. i'm really glad i'm not working at the adult-alternative radio station anymore. i can imagine the phone calls.

7. I welcome this news with arms wide open. ;)

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    +1

9. Oh.

(back to what I was doing)

10. i'm very worried about future solo projects.

11. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Someone can easily pickup the torch and carry on. Here is the song formula:
    Open song slolwly with clean guitar, Jump into the verse with alot of distortion and drop tuning, end the song with the singer standing there with arms outstretched as is he were Jesus (along with the same clean guitar as the opening.)

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It didint seem like they were doing too well, really in all fairness i would say creed was the worst concert i had ever been too.

13. kfog?

14. alice, 97.3 FM
    i hated every second of it.

15. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    We have an Alice 96.1 here. A Cummulus station.

16. supermonkey

supermonkey

Mar 15, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    +1. But then again, if the gravity of Creed's suckitude left us still here, no single member could really be a threat. Unless of course the whole really WAS greater than the sum of its parts.
    Then we're in deep doo doo.

Jeez, this and Phish in one month! It's like Xmas in July! But in June! :D

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D :hyper: :D

Peace
    Nick

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I never saw anything wrong with them.

19. I was very happy until I read this:
    Now I'm worried as well. :help: Eh well, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Okay, now that Creed's out of the way, let's get to work on Staind and Nickelback... :ninja:

20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hard to believe.

Did you at least hear anything wrong with them?