This might make you feel good...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    I'll bet it killed Stu Spector to build that bass in the first place. That is a Kramer era Spector and Stu probably had little to say about that. You don't see anything like that coming out the new Spector Shop. If someone thinks that's worth almost eight grand than wonderful. To each is own.
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Is it just me or are those really pixels around teh tuners from a bad photoshop cut? :smug: :rollno:
  3. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I didn't think any Motley Crue fans had that much money.:smug:
  4. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I like this question

Q: hello. i was first bidder and will probably bid again. however, if i could, i would like to make one suggestion to you and nikki. nikki should NOT sign this guitar (especially personalize it) or write anything on it, whatsoever! i know it will end up being up to the winning bidder, but as an avid collector of rocknroll memorabilia, i can tell you that this piece in particular should be left in its original state/condition and NOT to be altered in any way whatsoever This guitar belongs in a museum since it is a high profile piece. in fact, by nikki signing it, it will actually devalue the guitar a bit. you can check with other auction houses or guitar collectors but this guitar is a one-of-a-kind piece and should be left alone. please pass this message on to nikki. it is his legacy and the band's legacy and should be left alone for generations to enjoy. just my opinion but it makes sense. please reply if you could. thank you.
    A: I will pass this along but at this point it will be up to the winning bidder since that was part of the auction.

"This guitar belongs in a museum" LMAOF:p
  6. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think it IS a beautiful bass, very classy. I don´t care too much about the Crüe these days, and, >$7000 is a lot of money.

I disagree, have you ever look at the REX models??? I think they are based on the T-Bird shape.
  7. What is that gold piece, just south of the bridge?

8. It's an "Opti Grab" device. . .

"All of my basses have to have the Opti Grab, which is where I keep my finger to move my basses when I'm playing since the T-bird is a neck-heavy instrument. A lot of guys that have picked up my bass have said 'man, why didn't anyone else think of that?'"
  9. Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Here's the history of Spector basses I don't think there is anything like a T-Bird or any other Gibson shape. There is an NSX, is that what you are thinking of? That has a Steinburger type body (I beleive most of Stu's basses were designed by Ned Steingburger hense the model designation NS2 etc.)
  10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Rex disagrees with you.

11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not exactly easy to get used to. Had a Nikki Sixx Blackbird for a bit and it was surely something different...
  12. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don´t want to be an smarta** or something, so I´ll let the pictures talk by themselves.

As you can see, the REX model and the T-bird has nothing in common (SHAPE), as Dbassmon said. :eyebrow:
  13. Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Spector site makes no mention of these basses as you can see for your self. They oviously are out there because you are posting the pics. Stand corrected
  14. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    That's just a fancy name for a metal bracket. If you look at a lot of old pics of Nikki, he tends to anchor his pinkie under the bridge. This little "opti grab" is just something to accomdate his technique. Even though I don't like Rich's anymore, I'd LOVE to have a Warlock Supreme like his for nostalgia's sake

15. OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    If it's a custom Spector, why the Gibson case????
  16. yeah that makes me cringe. Me being a semi-good photoshopper I should go slap that guy.
  17. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Cause it fits in it? Back in the day it was probably kind of hard to find cases for 1 of instruments. I assume they just threw it in the case that fit it best.
  18. Mingus Dew

Mingus Dew

Jul 8, 2005
    Maybe he was too lazy to get another one and the Spector fit nicely in his old case? I carry my Spector around in a Fender gig bag.
  19. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Stuart and I threw around the idea of making a similar bass for me in trans blue a few years back. I kinda junked the idea eventually. I didnt think it would get that much use and it was goona be a ton of cash