Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

this might sound dumb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 3, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    ok i have a carvin pb 100 if i do this take the line out jack and conet it to a like car amp thing then to my cab woul it work know about all the oms thing it i macth them up would it work.i got a car amp thing for free but no car cause i am 15 and i have a cab that i want to add but not enogh power

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    :confused:

3. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    No, in my experience car amps don't sound good under any situation (outside of cars of course). They are crackly and get really hot. You could buy a real poweramp and try this... although you may have to pad the line out because it's a hot signal.

4. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i a kid like dont know about stuff what you mean pad the line out and what typ of power amp max like 200 watts for 8 ohms i have a ex speaker out like it gives of 50 watts 8 ohms i think carvin pb 100 15 inche seaker

5. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I'm a kid too (15). I think in you would be happier trading in what ya got and upgrading it all. Wiring tons or stuff together like that will probably fail you sometime and possibly ruin everything.

6. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i love the sound out om my pb 100 i think of doing this buying a carvin ht150 and using that but i have no clue like were to have the input come from

7. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    If you wanted to add a power amp but still have it sound like your pb100 you can run a cable out of the effects loop into the input of the power amp. You can then put hook up whatever speaker cabinets ya want to the power amp. BUT if you were to add the ht150, you probably wouldn't notice any change in volume as the wattage increase is insignificant.

8. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i want to add the htc100 for the extn cab i know time the watts by ten and it twice as loud.could i use my line out to a power amp it used to send to a mixinx board or as head phones i was going to use the car amp till i get more money.would it work good till then

9. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I really don't think it would work good, I wouldn't advise or try it. But thats just me, I'm no expert.

10. Again, I have no clue what you're talking about, man. You write so messy, I can't follow you. PLEASE take your time to make complete sentences with commas and periods. Maybe even capitals.

11. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Mr.T says,

"Don't be a FOOL, Stay in SCHOOL".

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yer right, this sounds dumb.

13. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    so man i all ways in a rush when i post these thing cause i in school when i post stuff.ok all i want to do is add a another cab to my amp lke a 2x10 ok.cause if i use the ext speaker jack both cabs only get 50 watts and i wount 100 to he 15 inch and 100 to the cab.i want to know were dor i like put the power amp like do i do this line out t power amp or what

14. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Unless you're a foreign immigrant or someone who lives out in a West Virginian trailor up on cinder blocks, there's no excuse for your lack of sentence formatting =] Not trying to be harsh, but your posts are very hard to follow. Anyway, I agree with an earlier post about waiting and just upgrading. It'll save a lot of hassle in the future and you'll get much better sound.

15. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Sorry for this being another post picking holes in your grammar Benjamin, but it really is in your best interests to make your posts as clear and consise as possible. I've got to say I had to re-read your original post a few times before I actually understood it. Considering that some of the most informative and knowledgable posters here, such as Oysterman and Joris, aren't actually native English speakers, you really could be missing out on some good advice and shooting yourself in the foot.

Anyway, enough pedancy. :) Back on topic, people...