1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This never happens to me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madbassplaya, Mar 30, 2009.

1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I kinda wanted to share this story with you guys since stuff like this never happens to me.

Over the last year or so, i've been buying and selling a lot of different basses trying to find a bass that I really loved. I'd find something I thought I loved, but I would grow tired of it or not like the way it sounded in the mix. I played a friend's Stingray and fell in love, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Stingray 5. I found a great deal on one online in a music store in New Jersey. I bought the bass that day! When I got it in it was everything I expected and more. My gas was pretty much cured.

Well, yesterday I went to a music store that's in a neighboring city because the local store didn't have any volume pedals and my guitar player needed a new one. I've been to the store before and the best bass they usually have is an Ibanez or a Schecter. The owner was talking with me and my friend asking us about our "local" store and why we didn't shop there. We explained and he asked me if I had bought any of my basses there. I told him no, that the local guy only sales Warwick and Spector and I didn't like either of those basses due to their body shapes and that I now played a Stingray.

The owner says "really? I just got one of those in on a trade if your interested?" I looked the bass over and it is MINT! Black body, rosewood fretboard, with a matching headstock. Great looking and sounding bass. I looked at the price tag and could not believe how cheap the bass was. It was much cheaper than my Stingray I bought online. I asked if I could put it on layaway since I didn't have all the cash on me at once. The guy said sure and we made the deal.

I always go into a music store hoping to find a steal and this time I did!

2. Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects

Mar 1, 2006
    Florida
    It's always a nice day when you can get a great deal. Better see some pictures soon! I wanna see the matching headstock.

Are you gonna tell us what you're gonna be paying on it?

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I'm selling a bass now and I will hopefully have the coin for it soon so that I can pay it off.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Cool story. I was just in a similar stre. Not much for a bass collection but I spotted a USA Peavey Cirrus 5 string in almost mint condition for $600! I was so tempted but didn't go for it.