Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This one might do it!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Those that know me, know that I have a thing for Japanese cars, Nissans mainly. I was put off by the domestics in the '80's. THIS car just might bring me back home! I also like the new GTO's that are coming out.

[​IMG]

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :eek: Wow! I'm diggin that too

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    those are pretty groovy.... I would drive one!

P@

5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I'd rather have one of these:

[​IMG]

They only cost a little bit more:D

It's nice to see Ford finally update the Mustang. The outgoing model was just way too outdated for me. I'm waiting for my dad to give me his '67 'stang. Ha! Like that's ever going to happen.

6. my friend has a blue 67 stang. his parents spent years refurbishing it and gave it to him for graduation. its quite the "pimp-mobile" :D

and yes, those new stangs look soooo much nicer than the current models

7. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    That's really nice! I've been considering buying my wife a new car for her birthday this July. Maybe I should see what she thinks of the new Mustang.

I'm a little leary of Ford, though. I bought a new Taurus wagon back around '86. Within a couple years the paint on the front of the hood and fenders started bubbling and peeling badly. I took it back to the dealer but they said that I had apparantly run through some kind of corrosive chemical on the road and that it wasn't covered under the warranty. Sounded reasonable to me so I put in a claim to my insurance company who repainted it for me.

Then, about 10 years later I happened on an article that mentioned that Fords that year had defective paint and that it had become a well known problem. That pretty well cured me of my "buy America" philosophy, at least where cars are concerned and Fords in particular. I now drive a Toyota. ;)

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Can we see the arse, sir?

9. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Some cars make good convertibles (the Nissan 350z is better looking as a roadster, IMO), but others, like the Audi TT and the Stang prototype pictured here, lose their line when the top is gone.

That coupe does look pretty schweeeet, though. Hope the production model stays pretty true to that pic!

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The new Mustang looks terrific. A great rendition of the original.
    Car & Driver raves about the GT350.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mustangs are one of my favorite cars and i was beginning to dislike how they looked ever since 97 but i like these.

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I am a Mustang nut. I want one!

13. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    [​IMG]

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

WOW! Very nice arse indeed!:D

15. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I can understand why you think that way, but let me be the first to assure you that the Ford of '04 (and the Ford of AT LEAST '95 to the present) is NOT the Ford of '86.

I drove a '95 F-150 for over 3 years and it never gave me any problems whatsoever. I now drive an '01 F-150 that has been virtually flawless (only problem so far has been a faulty turn signal switch, most likely caused by me). My dad drives an '02 F-350 Diesel that has been completely flawless.

I would have no worries about buying Ford. They really are the best cars on the road, IMO.

16. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Indeed :eek: :eek:

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll take the original of that re-make any day.

-Mike

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I hear that they're going to have a base price of $18,500.

19. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Good arse!!;)

20. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Whow......you guys can get a lot of car for your money!!!