Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

this one time at music camp...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LittleJaco, Jul 6, 2005.

1. LittleJaco

LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    So last week I was at the hartwick music festival program studying jazz, classical, and whatnot. A few days before the camp starts I look at the guest artist list and I see ......
    :hyper: JOHN PATTITUCCI :hyper:
    on the list. So he came last saturday and it was absolutely in****ingsane (pardon my cussing). he taught this really awesome master class and it showed me how cool and collected he is. If I didnt know he was famous he would just seem like a nice down to earth guy. he showed some upright players how to play a solo in 1 position. then at night he played a concert with mike holober where he premiered his bass tribute to ray brown, :bassist: which was an amazing one. He was going to sign my jazz bass but i nor he had a sharpie but i shook his hand :cool: so maybe the bass-ness will rub off on me.

2. Dang I'm very jealous. I love Mr. P's style and would kill to hear him give a class! I still can't believe my mom used to jam with him in college. Small world, eh? Anyways, you are a lucky man! Rock on!

:bassist: