Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This probably doesn't concern many....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ardorx, May 12, 2005.

1. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    But if you live in Houston TX, There's a original Sunn 2x15 with the matching Coliseum head at Evans Music. I think they're asking $799 for both. I might jump on that.

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    If loaded w/JBL or Altec it's worth it. If not, pass. I'd want a look inside to be sure. Aluminum dust covers could indicate JBL, Altec- or Utah :crying:

3. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Original Sun stadium 2x15 sweet.
    I have one of these but it's stuck a state away from me. It's HEAVY, hence the 3 handles going up the side. Mine has the original JBL's in it. It's probably one of the best sounding cabs I own. Just haven't played it in a while :crying:
    Bring a powered screwdriver if you want to take the back off, there's like a million srews holding the back panel on.

4. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    they're only asking $275 for the cab, and it's in pretty good condition. it doesn't have silver dustcaps though, but it does sound amazing.

5. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Still sounds like a good deal. You might consider getting the back cover off to check on the speakers for sure.

I think I got my cab for under $200 but one of the speakers was blown. It was the original JBL so I had a new voice coil put in, had the magnet re-centered, and had it re-coned for about $80.
    I also re-wired it. It was wired for 16 ohms for some strange reason when I got it.

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    With original JBL or Altec drivers there would be aluminum duscaps. Without they're something else, probably replacements. Could be Eminence Omegas, could be Radio Shack junkers. Don't buy a pig in a poke, have a look inside before you show them the color of your money.