Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This seriously makes me sick...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Call, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well. Here's one of the news articles relating to this:

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/nation/13613746.htm

I did a quick search here, and nothing came up about the story.

Not only is it messed up, but I know the guy. He used to be a leader at my church's youth group (kind of... he tried, and it didn't work out), and went to my high school... I'm speechless, disgusted, and feel used. He was my "friend."

When he moved to Rochester, a few friends and I tried to get him situated and plugged in. Now, I just feel sick to my stomach. I don't even know what to do...

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What a stupid choice of names.......Caspian? PUH-LEEZ!!!

-Mike

3. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    :bag: ...:D

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Just so long as you weren't in charge of his personal styling:

[​IMG]

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Get upstairs and polish that fretboard. What to do? Here's what I'd do: scratch my head and have a good laugh at myself.

6. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah. I'm just looking at it as: it sucks. period. I mean, I think I might personally be making a bigger deal than needs to be made.

I always thought the dude was a little wierd anyway. He told a lot of interesting stories (some might call them lies, or tall tales), that were blatantly facetious.

I'm just glad the ______ is behind bars.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't think you are. That is really freaky when someone you know, and helped out, turns out to be a punk like that. It would make me sick too.

As an example, I know a guy who currently plays tight end for the Seattle Seahawks. I was playing basketball with him an hour before he beat another guy almost to death with a metal baseball bat. Why? Because the dude was mouthing off to him on the court, not showing him "respect". If he wasn't such a good athlete, it probably would have cost him his scholarship to a major university. I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see him on TV.

-Mike

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I see absolutley no reason for you to feel bad. Maybe I just grew up different, but I used to run w/ a pretty rough crowd. 2 of us made it out and made something of ourselves. The others? They have done a lot of REALLY stupid things, but I don't feel bad cause I knew them. I just shake my head and say I saw that comming and move on. Some of them should be locked up and never let out, and yes I did call them my friends.

9. A girl i went to highschool with is on trial now, because she hired someone to kill her boyfriend. She went up to him hugged him, and the guy killed the boyfriend, a woman came downstairs to see what was going on and they killed her also.

it made me feel so sick.

10. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I don't even see what he did wrong, unless it's proven that he harassed the kids at the school. He definetely sounds weird, but he's creative and funny. He got busted for statutory rape with his 15 year old girlfriend when he turned 18? Pshhhh.

11. yeah... after you turn 18 your world changes...

12. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    No worries - Be happy.

I'd be proud to be able to say "I know that guy!" What a hip dude!

hehe

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Actually, I think he is a hipster doofus. :D

-Mike

14. Loving the Seinfeld reference.

This is really a strange story, though.

15. Ohhhhohohoohho AHahahhaaa
    lol u made me choke... but i recovered.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice catch Tim, even for this late hour. I'm pretty emotionally spent after the big game, so I'll see you around sometime Monday!!

-Mike

17. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    You might feel different if the 15 year old was your daughter.:meh:

18. I can't help but be an ******* and laugh at that. Keep dreaming, Your Grace!

19. Geez, I wonder who that could be? HMMM...

20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It could have been worse!! Many years ago (about 30) I started going to a youth group at our local Church, but gave it up after a few weeks...

Then we heard that the leader had been arrested as a paedophile for molesting young boys there!! :meh: