Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This set of strings is never talked about. But great!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Deep, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    There is so much talk here about the same brands of strings all the time. Well, have not heard much about these here. They've been around for a long long time and to me they're terrific. Dean Markley Super Wounds. Not the SR2000's. Plain Super Wounds. They feel just like SR2000's, but without being taperwound. Alot of you guys really like the SR2000's, so do I. But I tried these lately and they sound great and feel great.....slightly tamer in the upper end compared to SR2000's and slightly stiffer too. Some players like it that way. And they're lasting. You might want to give 'em a try. Oh.....and less expensive. :)

2. bogart

bogart

Dec 11, 2003
    big bear, ca
    Those strings are terrible IMHO. I wouldn't string a squier that I was giving away with em.

3. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Different strokes for different folks I guess :D

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I love SIT PowerFlats for most everything.... Great Strings!

When I want some Crunchy Zing... D'Addario Prisms or the new XL ProSteels do the nicest for me.

I've never dug Dean Markley bass strings at all, I really dig the geetar 10's for my strat though.

5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    I never tried the plain ones, but I just got rid of an sr2000 will lee signature set and I'm glad I did! :scowl: (now using EB slinkies custom gauge, and waiting for a couple of SIT 165's)