1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

This snow is starting to suck!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Skel, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Is anybody else in the country having this problem? Enough snow already! All it does is snow here in Colorado - I know the moisture is good and all that, but shoveling snow is breaking my back. I've never seen this much snow - it's snowing another couple of feet right now.

2. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Dude......it's 57 degrees in NY! I want it to snow so badly, but that ain't happening anytime soon.....

Tomorrow it's going to be 65!! I'll gladly come out to Colorado for a vacation. It just isn't winter to me without snow.

3. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    It's supposed to be 75 degrees here this weekend.

4. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Sorry to contradict your sentiment, Skel.... but I'm enjoying our weather.

It reminds me of my childhood. It seemed like we had a lot more snow back in the 80's, here in Colorado.

I get the feeling that I'm not like everyone else. I LOVE to drive in the snow. I like to walk in it. I like to watch it fall. I even like to shovel the driveway. :hyper:

I'm actually dissappointed that the preidiction is for less than 12" in Denver.

5. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Never thought I'd be saying I need to take a nice warm vacation...to NY!

6. arbarnhart

arbarnhart

Nov 16, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    One of my kids wore shorts and a T shirt to school today. I made him stick a sweatshirt in his backpack just in case, but I doubt he will need it.

7. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Jeff - it is pretty cool! I love driving in it, and I like to clear my driveway with my car, just for the challenge to see if I can not get stuck. But it packs the snow down worse, and nobody else in my family can drive in snow. It looks so soft and fluffy right now. It's the shoveling. I need a sno-blower.

8. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    The only snow we've had this year stopped just 35 miles short of our house. Sigh.

I wish it would rain some more. Everyone east of us has had plenty, it seems. We watch it go over, maybe drizzle and fog for a day, and then dump all manner of water to the east. We're still in drought. San Antonio is fussing about not being allowed to draw more from the aquifer, and here we sit, with a lake that looks like a big puddle, and creeks that haven't been wet since last winter. And subdivisions and big shopping developments coming up like some vast field of mushrooms, and people sucking up the groundwater trying to keep their new lawns alive. :rollno:

Send me some snow!!!

Cherie

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Hey Skel, how long have you been living in Colorado?

And be glad you don't live out here in Elbert where I do. The last two snow storms brought us snow drifts Teen feet high! Took us three hours to dig out of our driveway.

10. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, that's half the fun... seeing where you can go without getting stuck. Admittedly, I'm the only one in my family who can drive in the snow, so I hear the complaints, and I'm the one who runs all the errands in this weather.
    Two weeks ago, I ventured out to my friend's house, near DIA, to dig out her gigantic driveway beacuse she couldn't evene get out of the garage. By the end of that day, I wasn't too fond of shovelling.

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Not to mention that we had to use my neighbors tractor to dig out the rest of our street to get to the main road. Oh yeah, it was alot of fun too!

12. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I've lived in Colorado since I was 2 years old. I lived in the Springs for 5 years - it's beautiful there as well - but yeah, I've seen it get REALLY bad down there - you need a high SUV to survive.

13. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Snow in Colorado? Didn't see that coming....

They should open some ski slopes and stuff....

14. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO

Is it coming down hard in the Springs right now? I have head down there on Sunday to take my kids back to their Mom's house.

15. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    no snow in SE michigan yet :-(

16. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Very funny. It's just snowing so much more than it has in about 10 or 20 years. At least it seems like it.

17. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    BRILLIANT!!! (like the Guiness commercials)

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Um, kinda. Not nearly as bad as it was last week though. Not as much snow or wind.

19. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I must fess up that this is the best winter of my life.

Living in the Northeast, we're usually dealing with long, cold, snowy, dirty, dark winters. I'm unfortunately one of those people who can be kicked into a real funk during the winter. I need lots of Sun and Mr. Blue Sky, otherwise it really does affect me.

This year, there has been a lack of snow, and my perception of more days of blue sky. I'm loving it, especially knowing that no matter what happens, in a couple of months, the temp curve changes to the other direction.

;)

20. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thankfully, there has been no snow here in Newcastle. I hope it stays that way, I can do without it!