1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

this sound funny buy i dont know how to slap

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by redsox&bass, May 13, 2006.

1. redsox&bass

redsox&bass

Apr 28, 2006
    I know, I know it sounds funny but I need some help on how to slap (like some books or something) . :confused: thanks in advance

2. Get 'Slap It' by Tony Oppenheim. I did many, many years ago and this book is really helpful.

http://www.slapit.com/

3. redsox&bass

redsox&bass

Apr 28, 2006
    did you get from a music store or online? Because I'm always afraid someone ones gonna take my credit card number and stuff

4. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    Check out Music Dojo the online music school. Ant Wellington has a great slap class that will take you from the very beginning. Between the videos and Ant's help you will be slappin' in no time.

5. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder encridublee smatr

Nov 22, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Think about this statement here. Everyone is always afraid of using card #'s on the internet for fear of it being stolen.
    When you go into a store, Guitar Center for example, you give the pimple-faced kid your card, or swipe it into a machine. It is now just as, if not more available for anyone to get a hold of. Remember the carbon copies of your card when they used the old-fashioned ones? Those are physical copies of your number just waiting to be thrown in a wastebasket and found by someone. It is much more difficult to break encryptions than to dig through the trash and most websites are very careful with keeping your info private. Much more so than the high school kid behind the counter.

6. THERAKED1

THERAKED1

Apr 23, 2006
    Columbus,OH
    Yeah, credit cards online are pretty safe these days.

I bought this video from RockHouseMethod, "Slap & Pop", and it really helped to get me going. I think it was only for $14.95, not to bad for a DVD!

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Looks cool but 50$ a lesson sounds like a lot of money :meh:

8. redsox&bass

redsox&bass

Apr 28, 2006
    that looks awesome!:D
    You guys were right about the credit card thing thanks
    This should be stickied
    EDIT:since i didnt feel like double posting i just wanted to say i ordered it and some other stuff i needed. The latest date I should get it is friday:hyper: im phseyd sorry i dont know how to spell that