Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

this thing just amazes me. (geetar content)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TSanders, Feb 14, 2006.

1. I posted this when I got it, but after spending a good bit of time with it, I felt it worty of one more thread.

My girlfriend got me this Taylor 810 for Christmas. I played a lot of guitars to include, Martin, Breedlove, Santa Cruz, Larivees and Taylors. Out of all the guitars I played this one was just special. Got an active Thinline pickup for it and it smokes. It even makes me sound like a decent guitar player.

So heres to my Taylor, that impresses me more an more every time I pick it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

wow man! That's a nice guitar! I can only afford a big baby or a 110 but hey...that's cool for now. Enjoy it!

3. Josh, a big baby or a 110 is still nothing to laugh at. I have a freind with a Big Baby, and another with a 110. IMO, there isnt an acoustic made that even comes close to those, in that price range. The price on those two models is one of the best bargains in musical equipment.

With the Taylors, the higher models cost a good bit more, but arent MUCH better than the lower lines. Sure they use different tone woods for each model series, but as you get higher in the Taylor line, the higher price gets you a flashier looking guitar, and thats about it IMO. This coming from someone whose had a 310CE, a 410, and now this 810.

4. Not to mention that retail on my 810 was $2,998. The girlfriend and I walked out with the Taylor and case, a Taylor strap, and 3 packs of Elixir strings for $1800. :hyper: :D

Not outstanding, but this guitar is special. 810s usually go for $2100 and up.

5. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    That's a nice looking guitar. Indian rosewood back and sides? Nice score, especially for the price.

Speaking of acoustics, have you tried Larrivée Parlours? They're tiny, but they sound HUGE. I was really blown away by them.

6. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    What in tarnation is that thing with the skinny strings on it?:D
    I joke. That is a nice guitar my friend. One of these days I will upgrade the 1980 Epiphone acoustic with something as nice. For now I will just have to play the crap I have.

7. It is indeed Indian rosewood on the back and sides. Somehow, this 810 wound up with an Engleman spruce top, which Taylor usually reserves for the 900 and Presentation Series.

Yes, I have tried the Parlour. Another bud of mine has one, and it too is a killer acoustic for the money. The runner-up to my Taylor when I was shopping, was a Larrivee dread, with checkered binding. It was great, but again, this Taylor is special.

8. Man, I love me some Taylor acoustics. When I get some spare cash, Im going to get one. I love the sound of those guitars. My friend may be getting a 714 ce (?), I believe is the model number. Very nice looking, you may want to watch out, Im not too far away to come steal it...:ninja:

9. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Nice axe!

I play a Taylor 314 CE. I love it! Plays like butter and sounds amazing.

10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Beautiful, I love taylors.

And this should be in misc.

:D

11. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Talking about guitars, I'm hoping to get one of the Epiphone Valve Juniors or whatever the tiny full-tube combo they are coming out with soonish - my MIJ Squier tele needs her medicin, baby! :bassist:

12. Well perhaps a Mod will move it. :rolleyes:

13. Good choice of guitar, I play a 314ceL7, sitka spruce top, tasmanian blackwood back and sides. Wouldn't want anything else, my boss owns a 900 series but I wouldn't dare play it, if I don't know how good it is, I wont want it.

14. Amazing find...

I don't know much about acoustic guitars, just that the '75 Yamaha I found in my grandma's attic worked until I got a bass...Not quite as nice though. Good luck with your acoustical adventures.

15. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    oh no, those aren't strings, thats the preamp. the maker of wishbass always said he wanted to try something new...

16. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I like it... very clean and classy. Much better looking, IMHO, than the Martin inlay-monstrosity that's been circulating here.

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  18. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Sorry, I didn't use the appriopriate smilies.

:D :rollno: :scowl: :bag:

That seems like a logical progression.

Just joking around mates!