Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

This Walter woods found on Ebay.. which model is it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mesa Man, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    It looks like the one that I used to have. Since he left no model number it is hard to tell. Mine was 225 watts per channel and bridged 450 (MI-225-8). It was a really nice little head.

Mike

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    It's a 90s era High Power stereo head. The model number should be silkscreened on the bottom panel along with the operating instructions. Like emjazz said, max power is 1000 watts bridged into 4 ohms.

The ones with XLR outputs are unusual, he only made them for a very short time (although the last time I saw Rufus Reid he had a recent Electroacoustic model with an XLR out...the only one I have ever seen).

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    It is a MI200-8. It once belonged to me. This one is 700 watts bridged @8 ohms, 350 @4 ohm in stereo when using both channels. The 1000 watt model(@ 4 ohms bridged) was a $400 upgrade which this particular one did not have and Walter is no longer doing. The only real difference is this one will not go to 4 ohms bridged. Other than that there is no difference in power. This model was made from about '91 to '95. The XLR's were standard on this model. XLR's were put on the early Electracoustics but taken off because of humming problems(the MI200-8 did not have this problem). That's why the 1/4" DI on the present ones must be used with a Direct Box that has an isolation transformer. Walter recalled the early Electracoustics to remove the XLR, I guess Rufus never sent his back.

BTW, I can verify that this unit is in excellent++ condition.